1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: Need help. Roaming on T-Mobile in Europe

So I am roaming in France now and there is a huge problem with network switching and staying on 3G with Moto X. It basically would go from 4 bars to 1 bar to zero bars in 1 minute.... It can also get stuck in no service for a long time in which case manually selecting network helps. One days its a problem and the another days its not....I have 3 different networks to choose from and sometimes I can select all if them manually and other times I will not let me register on ANY network.

Half the time I pick up and look at phone I have no service and half I would get 3-4 bars of 3G, this is while my buddies Samsung always has stable 3G connection.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-21-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Moto X: Need help. Roaming on T-Mobile in Europe

Are you in a city, or moving about between cities?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

This happens when you don't touch or move anywhere. The problem has problem with keeping and switching networks
    Last edited by kolyan2k; 01-22-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Could be a carrier problem. Do you and your samsung toting friend use the same service provider and the same plan? Go to the shop that sells your sim, or buy a new one on a different service provider, and ask them how to configure your phone.

Btw, this site is particularly helpful for carrier info in Europe (check out the country forums)

Rgfcpg may be right. I have faced such issue when I was traveling. However get your Sim checked

Sent from my HTC One
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I am on T-Mobile Sim card which worked fine in USA and my friend is also on T-Mobile Sim. There are many networks here, I can roam on at least 2 or 3 of them but phone has problems switching between them or something. I am forced to select networks manually otherwise phone seats with NO service for a long time.....

Like today I came home where have 3G always, picked up the phone in about 1 hour and it had no service, I had to manually select one of 3 networks. If I go some place where 1 network is unavailable the phone stays in no service even there is another network available, and again I have to select it manually.

And on top of that I notices that sometimes in like 5 minutes or less in exactly the same place, phone can go from 4 bars of 3G to no service, and then again you need to wait for a long time or select network yourself.

There is clearly an issue and I think its the Moto since my buddies Galaxy is fine
    Last edited by kolyan2k; 01-23-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

Have you thought about just getting a local SIM? I'm stationed in Germany and that's what I've done...works great.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I need my USA number. Issue is fixed now by running this code: #766#

Never had to do this on any other phone before, but it did the trick on Moto.