Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is Motorola fixing phones at this point when they’re sent in with issues?

Longish story: I had a weaker battery on my new Moto. I called in, after we talked about battery life and how it is affected by games, wifi signal and coverage they gave me some advice (buy a battery pack, charge overnight, lol), and that was how we left it, I figured, okay, I’ll live with it. I still get 3 hours battery life and 16 hours total with no talk time (vs. the 4 hours screen, 22 I used to get) Randomly a couple days ago to ask if I got it a return FedEx enveloped, i had no idea that was the plan, but just said “no”, they said we’ll send it again. Ohh kay. So today I got the fedex mail in label and am thinking i might do it. But I’m worried about sending it in, have no idea what to expect. Are they fixing them? I haven't read on this board i don't think about people sending them in and a repair taking place (at least as far as I can remember). Or are they only sending out new ones? Debating whether what could be a long and painful process, or should I just stay a little more married to my charger for 17 months. It *would* be nice to have the battery life my first 2 motos had.
    Last edited by paisley99; 01-21-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Global Posts
    1,175 Global Posts

Default Re: Does anyone know, is Motorola fixing phones at this point when theyre sent in with issues?

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    Longish story: I had a weaker battery on my new Moto. I called in, after we talked about battery life and how it is affected by games, wifi signal and coverage they gave me some advice (buy a battery pack, charge overnight, lol), and that was how we left it, I figured, okay, I’ll live with it. I still get 3 hours battery life and 16 hours total (vs. the 4 hours screen, 22 I used to get) and today randomly I just received a fedex form from them to mail in my phone. Actually, they called me a couple days ago to ask if I got it, I was surprised but just said “no”, they said we’ll send it again. Ohh kay. But I’m worried about sending it in, have no idea what to expect. Are they fixing them? I haven't read on this board i don't think about people sending them in and a repair taking place (at least as far as I can remember). Or are they only sending out new ones? Debating whether what could be a long and painful process, or should I just stay a little more married to my charger for 17 months. It *would* be nice to have the battery life my first 2 motos had.
    I had an ordeal and a half with motorola customer service. Long story short they sent my wife a damaged phone and me a phone with the wrong colors and somebody elses signature in it. I sent both phones in and we received codes to order new ones.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,838 Global Posts

Default Re: Is Motorola fixing phones at this point when they’re sent in with issues?

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    Longish story: I had a weaker battery on my new Moto. I called in, after we talked about battery life and how it is affected by games, wifi signal and coverage they gave me some advice (buy a battery pack, charge overnight, lol), and that was how we left it, I figured, okay, I’ll live with it. I still get 3 hours battery life and 16 hours total with no talk time (vs. the 4 hours screen, 22 I used to get) Randomly a couple days ago to ask if I got it a return FedEx enveloped, i had no idea that was the plan, but just said “no”, they said we’ll send it again. Ohh kay. So today I got the fedex mail in label and am thinking i might do it. But I’m worried about sending it in, have no idea what to expect. Are they fixing them? I haven't read on this board i don't think about people sending them in and a repair taking place (at least as far as I can remember). Or are they only sending out new ones? Debating whether what could be a long and painful process, or should I just stay a little more married to my charger for 17 months. It *would* be nice to have the battery life my first 2 motos had.
    Maybe you should clarify with Motorola what they intend to do with your phone i.e. will they be doing any investigation on your unit or simply opening it up to put a new battery in it?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Re: Is Motorola fixing phones at this point when they’re sent in with issues?

I also had a less than stellar experience with Motorola repair, which was made right in the end. But it took a lot of calling and such. My phone is a Sprint Moto X with signal issues, which I also experience with the replacement. However, they told me that my phone was unable to be repaired and just sent a new one. I believe if they have one in stock and if it's not a Motomaker phone they will just send you a new one. Track everything!!!!!

I have a slightly related issue with moto repair and my droid maxx.

Sent it in for a cracked screen (paid the $175 ugh) and tracked it via FedEx. First moto tried to claim they didn't receive the phone until 4 days after it was logged by FedEx as being delivered. Then they tried to tell me my 3-5 business day repair window didn't start until said 4 days later. After a phone call to customer service and a lot of waiting on hold moto told me since they cannot repair my device in the actual 3-5 days from when it was actually received they would mail me a new phone.

So OP, I assume they are doing repairs in the same place in Texas for moto x's I say they plan to repair your phone if possible. Otherwise they will replace it.

Just keep track of everything.

Posted via Android Central App

I had to RMA my Moto X when I first got it (there was dust between the glass and LCD). They emailed me a code to order a new device. They have to RMA options. Option one is you send them the phone, when it is received, they email you the code. Option two is they email you a code right away, you pay the off contract price for the replacement phone, and they refund that price when they receive your old phone.