Moto X: Bluetooth audio issue

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone

Did a decent amount a goggling did not find anyone with this issue.
Bluetooth media comes out of the phone at a low volume not the the connected device.
I have 2 different Bluetooth stereo headphones and also my car all show the same symptoms
you can start/pause/skip with my head phones. also phone calls work just fine with car and headsets.
you tube and Google play show the same results
yes the android Bluetooth settings are set to play media through Bluetooth :)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth audio issue

Maybe settings in the player you are using?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Update.

2 more issues.. Phones background kept changing (zooming in) And the phone would go into this weird mode where i could not change the volume with the buttons or in the settings until a reset.

Well this morning i did a factory data reset. and what do you know Bluetooth problem fixed don't know about the other two yet...

I changed my run time from Dalvik to ART. This might have caused the problem. Im not sure though because i was having Bluetooth issues the day before but this might have been due to a failing Bluetooth headset.

Hopes this helps someone at some point.

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

And the phone would go into this weird mode where i could not change the volume with the buttons or in the settings until a reset.

I had that exact same problem once, although it was only media volume that was stuck on zero. I could still change phone volume.

I also have the issue where if I sleep the phone while watching a video full screen, I lose the navigation bar completely and have to power off the phone.

Just weird android OS bugs I assume. Reboot has always solved every problem I have ever had so I don't care.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Update.

Problem returned.. After i paired up with my 2013 focus... though that seems like the issue. I can not confirm 100% until i run this experiment

I did another FDR.. I only have my Bluetooth headphones paired (streaming audio is working now) . It took about 4 days to fail last time.

So i will wait about a week and try and repair it with my car.

Never had this issue with my past phones and this same car..

Razr Maxx - no problemes -jelly bean

Droid MAXX - No problems - Jelly bean

Moto X - lots Problems - Kit Kat

Next step, Since there is no update for my cars system yet,, I will try an FDR on my car..

also it seems the switch from Dalvik to ART. did not cause the problem.

Cant find any other people with this problem on here, XDA or focus fanatics

Alcibiades

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with my Moto X on AT&T running 4.4. I've found where people have similar issues with other devices that gets addressed with 4.4.2:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/b5h94ggUIac

I'm hoping I get the 4.4.2 update soon and that it fixes this. I only have one device to test this with, an iHome speaker.

ETA: I just double checked that thread, and people are reporting that the 4.4.2 patch doesn't fix it for the Moto X. Ho hum.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

The problem people are having from that link is not the same im having...

I get no audio at all.

Update..

Moto replaced my phone. got to make a brand new one online.. kinda cool..
We will see if this fixes the problem.
day 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21