Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: Can The Active Notifications Be Turned Off?

Have almost decided to get a Moto X, but just wondering since I don't always want other people to be able to see who was calling or texting me (and part of the text?) when my phone is sitting out.

On that note:

- Does it show who the calls/texts are from in the active notification?
    - If not, can anyone just touch the phone and see who it was from, and even part of the text? Other phones need to be unlocked to see that stuff. I know that is one advantage of active notification, but it is not always an advantage!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-23-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Default Re: Can The Active Notifications Be Turned Off?

Yes you can turn them off. You can also decide what app uses them. Keep in mind that all that happens is that the icon for the app shown up on screen. You have to touch it to make the content show up at the top. You can then decide to go to it, dismiss it or open you phone. Search for a YouTube video that shows it

You can turn it off if you want to.

You can also set it up to not show any details if you have a semi/secure lock screen set up. So it will just show the icon and when you touch it, the icon moves up to unlock to that app but doesn't show any details at all.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by realitydigg View Post
    Yes you can turn them off. You can also decide what app uses them. Keep in mind that all that happens is that the icon for the app shown up on screen. You have to touch it to make the content show up at the top. You can then decide to go to it, dismiss it or open you phone. Search for a YouTube video that shows it
    Thanks! I will definitely check out a video but for now, does part of the content show up when you touch the screen, or just who it is from? [edit: think I got my answer below]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warfare003 View Post
    You can turn it off if you want to.

You can also set it up to not show any details if you have a semi/secure lock screen set up. So it will just show the icon and when you touch it, the icon moves up to unlock to that app but doesn't show any details at all.
    perfect. Thanks!

You can also disable it during a certain time frame if you like. Mine's off over night because there is no reason for it to be on..

And of course you can be selective about which apps actually show notifications, incase you don't want calls or sms to show on screen too.