Moto X: How Slippery are the Wood Backs?

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: How Slippery are the Wood Backs?

I have the ebony wood finish back and it doesn't seem very slippery at all too me. I've never felt like it will slip out of my hand or slide off anything.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got my walnut back moto x today and it is very nice. It is smooth but not slippery to the touch. I think I will end up getting a bumper eventually but this thing is absolutely beautiful 👍👍👍

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Could you guys put up a few pictures of your phones? I thought I would be going with the ebony Moto X but still having trouble deciding on ebony or walnut.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I just got my walnut back moto x today and it is very nice. It is smooth but not slippery to the touch. I think I will end up getting a bumper eventually but this thing is absolutely beautiful 👍👍👍
Which bumper are you thinking about?

I would like a bumper, too but not one with a plastic back, just a bumper.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Which bumper are you thinking about?

I would like a bumper, too but not one with a plastic back, just a bumper.

I'm looking at one for 7 bucks and free shipping in multiple colors. Just search 'moto x bumper' on amazon and they come up first. I also want a real bumper and that's what these are. Choosing the color is my hold up, can't decide between black/red or all black.

And here's some pics of my walnut back taken with the other moto x I am returning:
uploadfromtaptalk1390759104701.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390759131503.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390759148383.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390759166343.jpg

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at one for 7 bucks and free shipping in multiple colors. Just search 'moto x bumper' on amazon and they come up first. I also want a real bumper and that's what these are. Choosing the color is my hold up, can't decide between black/red or all black.
great thanks!

And here's some pics of my walnut back taken with the other moto x I am returning
Gorgeous!!!!

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm jealous of all these great walnut back pieces. Wish they were available when I got mine, or we were able to put one on after the fact. Oh well.

Posted via Android Central App

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm jealous of all these great walnut back pieces. Wish they were available when I got mine, or we were able to put one on after the fact. Oh well.
I think the wood backs are a game changer for Motorola!

In the mobile computing space there is always something new and better on the horizon. I sell my old phones and don't overdo it with accessories so that I can trade up each year. The Moto X2 will be here soon enough and you can sell your Moto X and trade up then!

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I took at look at these and I just ordered a black/black one in anticipation of receiving my walnut backed Moto X that I will buy tomorrow!!!!!!

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

And here's some pics of my walnut back taken with the other moto x I am returning:
View attachment 102196View attachment 102197View attachment 102198View attachment 102199

Looks great, thanks for posting the pics.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think a dark cherry would be awesome. Something like this...

uploadfromtaptalk1390795489992.jpg

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd be to tempted... Sand, stain, seal and wreck the phone lol

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

semya

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
i owned moto x with woven black back since august. i was literally overexcieted about wooden backs, and ordered walnut black/black immediately when they became available on jan 21st. but was a bit (...) disappointed when i touched it on jan 25th when it arrived. unfortunately you can't feel the wooden structure. too lacquered, feels more like plastic to me. as i have both phones now, i compared them very thoroughly, and unfortunately (for wood) i have to admit that the grip is much better on the woven black. but i'm definitely staying with walnut back... it looks AWESOME. but also adds a tiny gap between the plastic black (which is actually somewhat blueish in the sun) and the wooden plate, which is a dust attractor... unlike woven back (again) this is somewhat disappointing (no gap at all on that one). if anyone is interested, i can take a few pictures comparing the phones. i bought nexus 5 a few months ago and sold it within a few days. moto x is the best so far: one-palm operation is most convenient as the size fits PERFECTLY, active notifications is the thing you cannot discard after you tried it... etc. i just wish the wood was more ... wooden!

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the original Bamboo back, and LOVE it! Currently waiting for my TEAK back model....Cant WAIT to get that phone! *Grins* The Bamboo is awesome..the perfect blend of grippy but not TOO grippy! What an awesome Idea Moto has come up with...customizing options like this on a top-end phone!

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually more interested in how a wooden frame handles humidity. Can it warp? Wood expands and contracts quite a bit. Would moisture affect conductivity and thus signal? How about stains? Scratches? What happens if you get it wet? Wood isn't exactly a maintenance free material. I would imagine you would probably have to treat it occasionally like other wood surfaces.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85