How to clean dirty Moto X?

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had my olive Moto X for about 2 or 3 weeks and it's already pretty dirty. I'm not a dirty person and keep my things clean. I would like to know if anyone has found a way to clean this off. I have tried rubbing alcohol and that didn't work. Any suggestions?
ry3e9e2e.jpg
e3yne8ez.jpg

agp101

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you could try boiling water then using a thick paper towel like Scott towels or whatever. Just dab the paper towel slightly in the water and wring it a little.. Just want it to be a little moist but mostly very hot and humid. Spray a dab of alcohol on the paper towel while you're at it and give it a good scrub. Turn the phone off for the heck of it you'd like.

I haven't tried this personally but it's cheap and it's worth a shot.

Posted via Android Central App

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I would also try the magic eraser. They get black stuff off my white kitchen cabinets that won't come off any other way.

Posted via Android Central App

eskanday

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the problem with the soft touch light colors for moto x, I had the same issue with my royal blue color. Magic eraser did not work. You should try to call Motorola and see if they can exchange it under warrantee.
You should avoid olive, royal blue

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue on my royal blue Moto X. When I called customer support they said it is not covered under warranty but they offered to send me a free case. I ended up returning my phone for a refund so I could get one with a wooden back.

And for what it's worth, my wife has the crimson back and it does not get dirty like this. It still looks really good. It seems like some backs are more prone to wear in this way.

deedoubleyou

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
If it can't be cleaned? Can I just put a skin on it? Or it won't stick on the back of the royal blue moto x, since it has a rubberized sort of material?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781