Moto X: Loving Active Display, but can it be customized?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Got my AT&T Moto X on Monday, and I have to say that I really love Active Display. It's such a friendly way to display notifications, and I like being able to check the time just by moving the phone a bit.

What I'd love even more is a way to customize it, at least just a little. Adding things like battery percent, current date, and maybe temperature and a brief summary of the weather would give me everything I currently need to unlock my phone to get at, all at a glance.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Loving Active Display, but can it be customized?

No, unfortunately. They designed Active Display for showing new alerts rather than continuously updating information. Otherwise the phone screen would always be breathing at you.

Apps can give that kind of info on your lock screen or your notification shade/pull down, which will save you from fully unlocking your phone. Dash Clock would be a good app to look at for the lock screen. Others can give you information in the notifications or status bar. That would be about halfway what you want.

Sent from my Moto X

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried the "Dynamic Notifications" app when I used to have a GS4, but it was a little buggy compared to the Active Notifications on the Moto X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci