1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    tgp

Global Posts
    1,778 Global Posts

Default Sprint Moto X on Page Plus?

I've been wanting to put a Moto X on Page Plus. When Motorola announced the $299 deal for the Moto X, I checked with several different dealers who flash phones to Page Plus to see if they can do the Moto X. A couple of them said they can't do Verizon's, but they can do Sprint's. One of them even has software that allows you to do a half flash yourself at no cost. I decided to risk it and ordered a 16GB Sprint Moto X. It's on its way and scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Thursday, January 30).

I'm just checking here to see if anyone has any experience with this and can give me some advice. Even if it wasn't a Sprint Moto X I wouldn't mind getting some feedback. Have you tried it? Has or has it not worked for you? If it worked, did everything work such as 3G data, MMS, YouTube (for some reason getting YouTube to work seems to be an issue sometimes). Did you need to contact Sprint for the MSL/SPC code? Did they give it to you? Or wasn't the code even necessary?

Another question is about SIM unlocking the phone. I would like to get it SIM unlocked if necessary. I've read that Sprint requires 90 days of service before providing the unlock code, and even then it's only for international carriers. However, at least one user reported that it works on AT&T and T-Mobile in spite of Sprint saying it won't.

Again, any advice or experiences are appreciated!
    I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I really should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore, and even that one is mostly unused because it's been superseded by its big brother!)

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Sprint Moto X on Page Plus?

Did you get the X?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    tgp

Global Posts
    1,778 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Did you get the X?
    Got it; I'm working now on getting the MSL/SPC code. It looks like I'll have to activate the phone on Sprint somehow. They claim they don't have the code until the phone is activated.
    I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I really should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore, and even that one is mostly unused because it's been superseded by its big brother!)

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    Got it; I'm working now on getting the MSL/SPC code. It looks like I'll have to activate the phone on Sprint somehow. They claim they don't have the code until the phone is activated.
    Never unlocked a phone before. Best of luck to you.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here