Moto X on AT&T

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Does the Moto X on AT&T have the 1700 band for T-MOBILE'S HSPA+ NETWORK.? Looking to purchase it off contract and unlock it to use on T-Mobile's Network.
Thank You

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto x on att

Does the Moto X on AT&T have the 1700 band for T-MOBILE'S HSPA+ NETWORK.? Looking to purchase it off contract and unlock it to use on T-Mobile's Network.
Thank You

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I think the answer is no. You need the tmobile version if you want aws hspa.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

If your going to buy off contract why not buy the T-Mobile version to begin with? It is factory unlocked and has all the bands to get LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile. I purchased the T-Mobile one to use on AT&T and the plus side is that the phone has no carrier branding on it at all.

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

There is no reason at all to buy the AT&T version of the Moto X whatsoever. It is both sim locked and bootloader is not able to be unlocked (it might not be needed, but if Moto X no longer get updates in the future, not being able to unlock the bootloader to manually update the phone can be a bummer), lacks 1700MHz support for T-Mobile 3G, and have AT&T logo.

The Unlocked/T-Mobile version support all the bands required to work on AT&T (LTE band 2/4/17). It is pentaband 3G like Nexus phones so it'll get 3G anywhere around the world. Its sim unlocked and bootloader is unlockable. It lacks AT&T bloatwares, probably will get updates faster than AT&T version. So it's a no brainer.

alienlandingpad

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the Developer edition. I'm on AT&T now but might make a move to TMobile when the other members of the clan are off contract. It has 1900 & 2100 mhz bands, which are for the PCS network - which is apparently what they are moving HSPA+ to.