Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JackHasNoLife
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Post An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    Hey Guys,

    Yesterday I managed to get my hands on the Moto X European edition a few days early before it officially releases tomorrow, if anyone has/had any queries they might be answered in this video, or post in the comments on the thread <edited>.

    Here is the video:



    Please give a thumbs up if you liked it and subscribe if you want to see more!

    Again, any questions, feel free to ask!

    -Jack
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01-31-2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: removed request to post coments on youtube rather than this site. Duh.
    DCSholtis and lmmillard like this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    Hi Jack, I have a Moto X 32gb Dev Edition on its way to me from my Sister in Arizona. I got it for $349 during the 1 hour sale that they had on Monday. I am in Ireland, has the European edition got any extra 4G radios on board??

    Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    Hi,

    If you could tell me a way I could find this out I'd be happy to check! You may be able to find this by google though!
  4. #4  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    Quote Originally Posted by JackHasNoLife View Post
    If you could tell me a way I could find this out I'd be happy to check! You may be able to find this by google though!
    Maybe Alex could answer this:

    Motorola brings the Moto X to the UK | Android Central


    As I understand it, the US version does not have support for the UK 4G LTE bands out of the box. I have read that the hardware may be there but just disabled by software. The Canadian Roger's cellular model may have more European bands enabled. Here are the specs on the UK model:



    3G UMTS bands
    850/900/1800/1900/2100

    4G LTE bands
    800/1800/2600MHz (B20/B3/B7)


    Here are the specs on the US unlocked GSM model:



    3G UMTS bands
    850/900/ AWS/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps (B5/B8/B4/B2/B1)

    4G LTE bands
    700/AWS/1900MHz (B17/B4/B2)


    Here are the specs for the Roger's cellular Canadian model:



    HSPA
    850/900/1900/2100

    4G LTE
    2100/2600
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    Cheers for that! Also love the signature haha
  6. #6  

    Default Re: An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    Ooops, I bought the wrong one. If I had of just got a normal unlocked GSM off the moto maker, I would have been ok!?
    And I could have designed it??

    Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3
  7. #7  

    Default Re: An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    Maybe Alex could answer this:

    Motorola brings the Moto X to the UK | Android Central


    As I understand it, the US version does not have support for the UK 4G LTE bands out of the box. I have read that the hardware may be there but just disabled by software. The Canadian Roger's cellular model may have more European bands enabled. Here are the specs on the UK model:



    3G UMTS bands
    850/900/1800/1900/2100

    4G LTE bands
    800/1800/2600MHz (B20/B3/B7)


    Here are the specs on the US unlocked GSM model:



    3G UMTS bands
    850/900/ AWS/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps (B5/B8/B4/B2/B1)

    4G LTE bands
    700/AWS/1900MHz (B17/B4/B2)


    Here are the specs for the Roger's cellular Canadian model:



    HSPA
    850/900/1900/2100

    4G LTE
    2100/2600
    Hi Alex, if it turns out to be software limited, could there be a way that I could get the UK radio support flashed on to the device?
    LTE is not really an issue at the moment in Ireland, we are so far behind the curve but if I can't get the 4G sorted on the phone it will be worthless (to sell on next year)

    Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3
  8. #8  

    Default Re: An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    Quote Originally Posted by younger996 View Post
    Hi Alex, if it turns out to be software limited, could there be a way that I could get the UK radio support flashed on to the device?
    LTE is not really an issue at the moment in Ireland, we are so far behind the curve but if I can't get the 4G sorted on the phone it will be worthless (to sell on next year)

    Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3
    You could certainly try flashing the radio, after all you bought the developer version so you can unlock the bootloader and not lose warranty. I still think it'll be a stretch if it lacks the correct antenna, but it won't hurt to try, you'll probably also have to made some build.prop change. If something like that is even possible you'll find out about it at XDA

    sent via tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    That level of jiggery pockery would be well beyond me. I got the Dev Edition because of how rare it is going to be.
    I will use it until I absolutely "need" a 4G phone (maybe a year) by then who knows what will be on the market.

    Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3
  10. #10  
    Cozume's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: An early look at the Moto X European edition.

    Quote Originally Posted by younger996 View Post
    Hi Alex, if it turns out to be software limited, could there be a way that I could get the UK radio support flashed on to the device?
    I am not Alex, but as far as flashing radios, I would ask on XDA.




    You can PM Alex or post to Alex on the Moto G thread here:

    We've got the Moto G, here's the place to ask your questions

    He is the Android Central European Editor and from the UK so he may be knowledgeable about how compatible the US Moto X GSM unlocked is with the UK mobile networks. I don't know if he responds to PMs but you can try posting on the Moto G thread to see if he will respond there.

Similar Threads

  1. Does the Droid Mini "breathe" like the Moto X?
    By iFalcon in forum Motorola Droid Mini
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-26-2014, 09:07 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 04:23 PM
  3. where is the rest of my text?
    By usmashrink in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 08:03 PM
  4. Exchanging a Moto X for a Moto X
    By TheMiz in forum Moto X
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 02:40 PM
  5. Easiest way to unlock an S4
    By Ghostma77 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions

B