Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to Moto X

Just ordered the 32 gb developer model GSM. Can anyone give me some tips on this awesome device and what to look for? I'm coming from an HTC One and refuse to pay AT&T full retail for a device loaded with their bloatware. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: New to Moto X

I just picked up mine a few days ago coming from a 5S and so far is runs as smooth as the iPhone with no hesitation at all! The camera blows the iPhone camera away and the size and feel is seller.

Posted via Android Central App
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

The developer edition has all the same things preinstalled as the standard edition. Luckily, there's less carrier bloat than appears on some of the other flagship models. Of course, if you root then you can get rid of what you want.

Sent from my Moto X

I love this phone dearly but it's camera doesn't blow any current high end phone out of the water. It is capable of taking some very good pictures in most settings, especially with HDR mode. Though sometimes it takes taking several shots to get a really good one.

Sent from my Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by dmark44 View Post
    I love this phone dearly but it's camera doesn't blow any current high end phone out of the water. It is capable of taking some very good pictures in most settings, especially with HDR mode. Though sometimes it takes taking several shots to get a really good one.

Sent from my Moto X
    Agreed. The camera on my wife's 5S is light years ahead of my X. Fortunately, its not the end of the world. Like everything else too much to give it up.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

IMHO when it comes to phones and technology, you need to pick and choose your poison.

For example, if you want practicality you a "x" phone will be good for you.

If you want excellent camera, a "y" phone will be perfect.

A phone with lots of accessories, "z".

There won't be a one phone that does it all. But there are plenty that comes close.

If you want a phone that has an awesome camera, iPhone or a Nokia will be perfect.

If you want a phone that is practical. Good battery life. Durable hardware... Does everything just as it was intended... then the the Moto X will do just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I'm new to Android and chose the Moto X as my first phone. I have a Lumia 920 & 1020 as well.