- 1 Posts
I'm considering getting a Moto X unlocked from T-mobile to bring to Japan, and I just have a quick question on LTE support. Specs here say that the Moto X supports band 4 @ 1700/2100 Mhz, but in Japan 2100 Mhz is band 1. So should i just be looking at the frequency or does the band number actually matter?
- 02-02-2014, 06:57 AM #2
- 1,279 Posts
Re: LTE coverage
It won't work, the band number must match up. It's a little more complicated because there are tiers within a main frequency, could be in the low 700mhz or high 700mhz.
Also the uplink and downlink frequencies are different. Band 4 is AWS, which means up 1700 and down 2100. Band 1 use 1900 for uplink and 2100 down.
But regardless, The unlocked version is pentaband 3G so it should get 3G in most places, so it'll be okay if you don't mind 3G. Otherwise you'll have to get the Nexus 5.
sent via tapatalk
Last edited by someguy01234; 02-02-2014 at 07:22 AM.
- By nkd in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 4Last Post: 02-02-2014, 10:20 PM
- By ascanio1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2014, 01:51 PM
- By joselito76 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 01-31-2014, 05:04 AM
- By mehbehdeh in forum Moto XReplies: 1Last Post: 01-30-2014, 07:25 PM
- By JoeyStyles in forum SprintReplies: 1Last Post: 01-30-2014, 05:38 PM