- 8 Posts
Developer Ed. or Custom Moto X
I am coming from an iPhone 4s.
- on Verizon
- unlimited data (want to tether without VZW subscription)
I have been using Android for a few months now, with the '13 Nexus 7 (4.4.2 stock). I have no experience rooting or doing anything to any phone or device. I have done my research and understand that the DE Moto X has an unlockable bootloader, which in turn makes it easier to root and makes WiFi tethering easier and essentially free from VZW's grasp.
With this in mind, would you guys suggest I get the DE Moto X so I don't void my warranty of a customized one? Rather than get a customized one and try to unlock the bootloader, root, and all that stuff. My main goal is to get free WiFi tethering with my unlimited data.
All help is appreciated.
Posted via Android Central App
- 02-02-2014, 10:37 AM #2
Re: Developer Ed. or Custom Moto X
If keeping your warranty is important to you then I would go with the DE if you plan to root. The DE will also probably hold its value better over time. Although you could probably find an app to tether via USB without the need for root.
- 02-02-2014, 11:08 AM #4
- 02-02-2014, 11:11 AM #5
- 02-03-2014, 03:17 PM #6
- 1 Posts
- By mzdrati in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 02-27-2014, 02:57 PM
- By DCSholtis in forum Moto XReplies: 15Last Post: 02-15-2014, 07:36 AM
- By Jaybotics in forum Sony Xperia Z1sReplies: 5Last Post: 02-07-2014, 11:13 PM
- By Abimael Menendez in forum Moto XReplies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2014, 10:59 PM