Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mumfoau
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KitKat: What does it do for the Moto X, other than reduce battery life?

I am about to pull the trigger on a Moto X but just wondering what KitKat does for it. I've seen a few reports here of it reducing battery life. If I order now, will it be included or will it need to be updated? Is this easy to do? Will it update automatically, or can you choose to stay with a previous version? If you can choose not to use it, would anyone recommend NOT using it?

Thanks for any help!

Default Re: KitKat: What does it do for the Moto X, other than reduce battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    I am about to pull the trigger on a Moto X but just wondering what KitKat does for it. I've seen a few reports here of it reducing battery life. If I order now, will it be included or will it need to be updated? Is this easy to do? Will it update automatically, or can you choose to stay with a previous version? If you can choose not to use it, would anyone recommend NOT using it?

Thanks for any help!
    just update before entering your gmail id... you would have no issues... it will be an ota update in settings
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Default Re: KitKat: What does it do for the Moto X, other than reduce battery life?

Battery life is the same for me with KitKat. It's great.

Mine had KitKat when I bought it and it consistently lasts throughout the awake hours of the day with plenty battery life to spare!
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    A895 likes this.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Battery lasts the whole day for me, and I'm on kitkat. I updated to it right when I got the phone though.

Posted via Android Central App

Mine also came with 4.4. Got the phone yesterday. Mine has been lasting all day with some to spare also.

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

KitKat does not reduce battery life like some say out their. If it does there is some type of underlying problem that needs to be addressed.

Tapatalk via Moto X

I updated when I got mine two months ago. Battery life lasts all day. I charge each night anyway, so works for me. Not an issue.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Battery life is the same or even slightly better for me on 4.4.

Quote Originally Posted by jcg5862 View Post
    I updated when I got mine two months ago. Battery life lasts all day. I charge each night anyway, so works for me. Not an issue.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X
    I do the same. Charge over night while powered off.

I installed Battery Doctor 2 days ago and I am 21 hours now on original charge since installing app.

It is also a good idea, well, to me anyway, to go through the Apps and "Force Stop" and "Disable" stuff you do not need or want.
    The stock Moto/Android apps are not deleted and they can be restarted if needed later. The re is a bunch of stuff like HP Printer, Moto Care, Play Services etc that is running and eating power.

Take some time and go through the "Settings > Apps" and stop and disable stuff. Then swipe left for "Running" and do the same there.

If you want to restart a disabled stock App then swipe left two more times for "Disabled" and find the app and Enable it. It will auto update once it is restarted.

It is not really kitkat causing the battery drain, it is the apps that Moto has deigned should be running all the time. No guesses to whose advantage that might be.