Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just sold my Note 3

Consider me a convert. As the thread title suggests I sold my Note 3 and picked up a 32 gig Moto Maker X. Already rooted send running Verizon's 4.4 release with gravity box. While I do slightly miss the screen real estate and having 96 gigs of memory I really love the Moto X. This phone is just, well, right... I did hesitate with the Lenovo purchase announcement but decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on it anyways. Black face olive drab back with black accents. :-)

sent from my thumbs...

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Default Re: Just sold my Note 3

I agree. I came from a note 2. I liked the size of the note 2, but sometimes I wished I had a smaller phone. The moto x feels like the perfect size to me. I also love the near stock android on the moto x compared to touchwiz.

Posted via Android Central App

Converted too.. Note 3 going on sale this week though I'm making the switch to T Mobile from AT&T. Ebony back with black face and red accents

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ballisticn8 View Post
    While I do slightly miss the screen real estate and having 96 gigs of memory I really love the Moto X.
    yeah, there is no denying that GNote 3 screen is a dazzler. But you get free 50GB of Google Drive storage with your Moto X! Don't forget to activate it!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I ordered 3 X's this past Saturday.

A 16GB textured black/black/Black for my dad, 16 GB turquoise/white/blue for my mom and 32GB ebony/black/silver for me.

I'm not sure I'll let my Note 3 go once the X's arrive though. I actually use most of its features.
    petaf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rrspikes View Post
    I ordered 3 X's this past Saturday.

A 16GB textured black/black/Black for my dad, 16 GB turquoise/white/blue for my mom and 32GB ebony/black/silver for me.

I'm not sure I'll let my Note 3 go once the X's arrive though. I actually use most of its features.
    Please sell the Note 3, and then you will be all Moto X...
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1/2014/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3/32gb/Black
    Samsung Galaxy Gear Black

Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrspikes View Post
    It killed me to let mine go, but once I had my Moto X, I just wasn't using the GNote3. And since the SIM cards aren't the same size, it was a pain to switch back and forth between them - I had to log online and enter the SIM card number to do it.

I know I could have gotten an adapter for the nano SIM so it would fit in the GNote3 but the SIM card slot in the GNote3 was so darn hard to pull the SIM out of without an adapter so I don't know how that would work with an adapter.

No one gave a real reason other than smaller size for switching. I am getting a GNote3 or a MotoX as they are the 1 and 2 andy phones right now. I like customization but I like the screen real estate too. So I am on the fence. Where there any tangible reasons you ditched your GNOTE3 for an X?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Quote Originally Posted by phildev74 View Post
    No one gave a real reason other than smaller size for switching. I am getting a GNote3 or a MotoX as they are the 1 and 2 andy phones right now. I like customization but I like the screen real estate too. So I am on the fence. Where there any tangible reasons you ditched your GNOTE3 for an X?

For me they were stock android, faster updates, kitkat, active notifications, better optimization(less lag).

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Like elvisgp, stock android was important to me and my Moto X had less lag and a better radio than the GNote3, which meant fewer dropped calls, faster data speeds and the ability to hold onto a 4G LTE signal better. I also wanted a Dev Ed on Verizon so I could unlock the bootloader and Samsung was supposed to release one but did not, at least not yet. Motorola Assist is awesome as are the Moto X's touchless controls.

The biggest downside of the Moto X is that the camera is not as good as the GNote3. The GNote3's screen is fantastic, too, but it is a large device and as a daily driver, especially when I work out/jog, it is cumbersome.

Global Posts
    13,821 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I would say get the X. Better hardware/software combo. Helps to make the device run smoothly.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

The screen real estate was nice but the phone didn't feel as fluid as the X. Also it was just cumbersome to use the note 3. No one handed operation, ever. The features the note has were cool but other than spen they were fluff to show off. Touchless control and active notifications are features that bake day to day use awesome. Also I grew tired of the bloated touchwiz software and wanted as close to stock as I could get on Verizon.

sent from my thumbs...

My GN3 doesn't lag!

Posted via Android Central App on Note 3
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sprintsRising View Post
    My GN3 doesn't lag!
    All the GNote3's lag compared to the Moto X. Put it next to the Moto X and you will see what we are talking about. Touchwiz is the problem.

I have a note 2 but I'm considering the moto x. My big hesitation is that it seems soooo much smaller. Was it hard adjusting from the note to the x?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I too am a convert from the N3! Loving the X! It's an awesome device!!
    @knowlivelove516 - I will not lie, yes, it was a rough transition going back to a smaller device. But EVERYTHING else about the x is so amazing it made me want to adjust!! About a week later and I like the size. It's really nice having a phone you can one-hand again ... Can slide easily in and out of your pocket, etc

Tapatalked via my moto x

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    All the GNote3's lag compared to the Moto X. Put it next to the Moto X and you will see what we are talking about. Touchwiz is the problem.
    I have had both. The X and the note 3 run fast. I would not say one is slower than the other by any means. That said, look what the X can do with minimal specs. TouchWiz is a beast and needs freaking hardware to run all that code lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I have had both. The X and the note 3 run fast. I would not say one is slower than the other by any means.
    I have had both, too and tested them side by side. The Moto X loads pages faster and there is no noticeable lag but with the GNote3, there is sometimes. Moto X also beats GNote3 in data speedtests, too.

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Why do people not let people share their own experience without clamoring why they are right and everyone else is not? Dude, let it go. You don't have to convince me of anything. I have had both. Went with the Note 3.....would not have if it lagged lmao. Besides, both great phones....hopefully the Chinese can make the Moto X a world contender.

Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Why do people not let people share their own experience without clamoring why they are right and everyone else is not? Dude, let it go. You don't have to convince me of anything. I have had both. Went with the Note 3.....would not have if it lagged lmao. Besides, both great phones....hopefully the Chinese can make the Moto X a world contender.
    YOU need to let it go. You responded to me first, remember? I was just pointing out the basis for my original statement.

Geez, relax.

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Haha awe, lol.

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

YOU need to let it go. You responded to me first, remember? I was just pointing out the basis for my original statement.

Geez, relax.
    The only reason I was razed is because you had already stated that all the note 3s lag compared to the X. When you quoted me and said the same thing *again* it just annoyed me. That said, I respect your opinion, but a statement of some disagreement doesn't warrant regurgitated points.

I don't think that Samsung would be doing so well with devices that lag so much. Not sure about the note 3s you have used, but my note 3 flies. Love it. I am on my third one for quality issues....but lag has never been an issue here. The size of this phone is to much at times and I do want a smaller phone for when I am running or working. The X almost fit the bill, but not quite as the battery wasn't that great along with the camera. But hey, the radio, the feel of the X, the software....can't be beat man. Helluva phone. I could see why people would want to dump a note 3 for it, but expecting the X to run allot faster than the note is a bit of a stretch.

Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

The only reason I was razed is because you had already stated that all the note 3s lag compared to the X. When you quoted me and said the same thing *again* it just annoyed me. That said, I respect your opinion, but a statement of some disagreement doesn't warrant regurgitated points.
    WRONG. I didn't regurgitate anything. I further explained that my point was based on ACTUAL TESTING, too.

expecting the X to run allot faster than the note is a bit of a stretch.
    It did run faster, though, and I did ACTUAL TESTING for 6 weeks side by side. The GNote3 had more dropped calls, too, in known trouble spots. Samsung's radios le suck.

I kicked my GNote3 to the curb and bought a second Moto X as a back up instead. Loved the screen of the GNote3, though. It pained me to give up that beauty of a screen.

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

WRONG. I didn't regurgitate anything. I further explained that my point was based on ACTUAL TESTING, too.

It did run faster, though, and I did ACTUAL TESTING for 6 weeks side by side. The GNote3 had more dropped calls, too, in known trouble spots. Samsung's radios le suck.

I kicked my GNote3 to the curb and bought a second Moto X as a back up instead. Loved the screen of the GNote3, though. It pained me to give up that beauty of a screen.
    My bad, do expand on how the note 3 just lags allover the place and Moto x is so much faster? All that time *testing,* surely you have some data/evident tangible something then? You would regurgitate more of the same.

Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

My bad
    yep.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast