1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Glitched time active notification screen

Hey guys, just got a brand new Moto X but I've recently found an issue. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I've been searching around and I can't seem to find anything about it or if it's happened to anyone else. The time on my screen when I pull my Moto X out of my pocket or when I move it to show active notifications will glitch out from time to time, showing a broken looking time. It doesn't happen all the time, and sometimes it will go back to normal if it goes off and comes back on. It's hard to explain so I managed to get some pictures when it happened.

Glitched time active notification screen-img_1562.jpg Glitched time active notification screen-img_1567.jpg Glitched time active notification screen-img_1568.jpg Glitched time active notification screen-img_1566.jpg

I'm assuming this is some sort of malfunction. But I ordered it from the AT&T online store as an upgrade, would I have to send it back or would I be able to replace it at a physical store? Also, would a different active notification app fix it? I haven't really played around with it much but it was an idea. The rest of the screen seems completely fine and it's never glitched when I actually bring it out of sleep mode, only the time on the active notification screen.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Global Posts
    13,794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Glitched time active notification screen

I would bring it in to a carrier store and see what they say.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

my dad's moto x just started doing this too, his phone is on verizon, and was just recently updated to 4.4.2. did you get your phone swapped out? or have it stopped glitching?

Kind of similar, mines didn't show the time at all and the haptic feedback wouldn't work. This happened two or three times in the past 4-5 days.

via VZW Moto X or Droid RAZR M

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

i just finished chatting with motorola support, they suggested to try clearing the cache partition, hope this fixes it