1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default Messaging app issues

Hello I recently purchased a unlocked t-mobile Moto X and love it except for one issue.
    I personally enjoy using Textra as my default messaging app. When I restart my phone notifications come up on the stock messaging app for every text message my phone has received since switching to Textra. The only way I can dismiss the notifications is if I switch the default messenger back to the stock messenger. Has anyone else seen this error, or come up with a fix.
    HTC G1Nexus OneDroid X | HTC Amaze 4G | LG Nexus 4 | LG Nexus 5 | Nexus 7 (2012) | Note 10.1 (2014) | Moto X

Default Re: Default Messaging app issues

Quote Originally Posted by marktrav44 View Post
    Hello I recently purchased a unlocked t-mobile Moto X and love it except for one issue.
    I personally enjoy using Textra as my default messaging app. When I restart my phone notifications come up on the stock messaging app for every text message my phone has received since switching to Textra. The only way I can dismiss the notifications is if I switch the default messenger back to the stock messenger. Has anyone else seen this error, or come up with a fix.
    I would just disable stock messaging app. thats what i did and i am using hangouts now.. like the all in one solution
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

I remember this happening when I got mine and switched to Hangouts. Drag Messaging to the top for App Info and deselect "Show notifications". I think this is how I made mine stop at the time.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the help I disabled the app, seems to prevent the notifications.
    HTC G1Nexus OneDroid X | HTC Amaze 4G | LG Nexus 4 | LG Nexus 5 | Nexus 7 (2012) | Note 10.1 (2014) | Moto X