Where's my model number?

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Where do I find the actual model number of this thing?

I think it is a xt1035 but am not sure as I renamed the Folder to "Moto X" when it is plugged into the PC as we have several Android phones and tablets. That's the last time I remember seeing the actual model number for it. Hindsight being what it is I should have written it down. :D

I checked the Settings - About but nothing I can find there.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Where do I find the actual model number of this thing?

I think it is a xt1035 but am not sure as I renamed the Folder to "Moto X" when it is plugged into the PC as we have several Android phones and tablets. That's the last time I remember seeing the actual model number for it. Hindsight being what it is I should have written it down. :D

I checked the Settings - About but nothing I can find there.

It should be in very fine print on the back just above the charging port.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, nope not on the back, all it has is "Developer Edition" in 9pt all Caps.

Box long gone, I guess I should have kept it in case I needed to return it if it ever needed service. Ahh well, there's that hindsight thing again.

I just checked the receipts and delivery notices and all they have is "Moto X Developer Edition (GSM Networks)"

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
For U.S. customers I believe the below information is correct

XT1049 Republic Wireless
XT1053 GSM Developer Edition, T-Mobile
XT1055 U.S. Cellular
XT1056 Sprint
XT1058 AT&T
XT1060 Verizon Wireless

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much both posters. Looks like my Dyslexia crept in there again. It is most likely the XT-1053.

I might risk trying a factory reset and see if anything is listed there just out of interest. Hopefully there will be an option to boot normally instead of resetting everything. I remember seeing a bunch of options when I tried a factory reset on the first day.

Factory reset the first day? Yeah, I know, I know, but I just like to know stuff. :D

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh, OK, thanks, I use File Manager as the ES Permission are getting a touch onerous.

My mistake with File Manager was seeing the Left arrow button grayed and not using the Up arrow instead as I thought the Left indicated I was at the top level. Using the Up allowed me back to the root Folder level.

OK, found it and it is the XT1053

Thank you all very much.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
You should also find it under Settings > Bluetooth unless you changed that too. Possibly when you setup wifi Hotspot.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800