Calendar & Agenda Widget Recommendations?

jaybee383

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a calendar-agenda widget that shows:
- calendar in month view
- agenda (either [1] for all days within the month view or [2] for today only in a dedicated region of the widget, but can switch to the agenda for another date I select)

Preferably this would be a widget only as I'm happy with using the stock/Google calendar app.

The closest widget I've found to meeting my needs is Calendar Widget: Month+Agenda. However, my main gripe is that I would like to be able to view the agenda for a date I select on the widget without opening the calendar app (it gets annoying to jump back and forth between the widget and calendar app to view the agenda on specific dates).

Thanks for any and all help.

Note: I also posted this in the Android Applications subforum, but thought this might get more exposure here instead.

jaybee383

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Once you are in the calendar app why would you need to go back to the widget?

I guess it's habit that because I just came from a month view (in the widget), I naturally hit the back button to return to that view.

Essentially, I'm looking for a widget that can display my agenda/events for any given date in a month without having to open the calendar app. Again, I'm happy with the stock calendar, so ideally I won't need a new app.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Calendar Status Pro. It installs on the notification shade. I also use Chronus to put the widget on the lock screen or just a widget in one of my home screens.

Chronus widget homescreen or lock screen

a7ubasu5.jpg

Calendar Status Pro

apupy6uz.jpg

I blacked out my bills, everything can be color coded etc.

Both go up to 4 weeks. When you click on an item, it takes you to that item. You can set it to go to the calendar if you want.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

jaybee383

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately I'm looking for a widget that will also show the calendar in month view. Not an agenda that will list my events for the next month. Hope that makes sense.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I was using the Business Calendar app on my last phone. I think it'll cover what he needs. I liked that app.

Sent from my Moto X

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried sol calendar and I really liked it but I started having issues on my s3. I ended up just going back to apw calendar on my Moto X. It suits my needs..

Posted via my Moto X DE

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I was using the Business Calendar app on my last phone. I think it'll cover what he needs. I liked that app.

Sent from my Moto X

I can't recommend Business Calendar enough. It's a great app with an awesome widget with month, week, and agenda views.

jaybee383

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for your recommendations. I'll try these out to see if they suit my needs and report back. I may have tried one or two already, but even so, I'll give them another go.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been using android pro widgets for a long time now. It has a month view for the widget and syncs with Google calendar well. It is also pretty easy to add events and look at agenda list too. Not free but well worth it for me. Has themes too.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Calendar Status Pro. It installs on the notification shade. I also use Chronus to put the widget on the lock screen or just a widget in one of my home screens.

Chronus widget homescreen or lock screen

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/a7ubasu5.jpg

Calendar Status Pro

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/apupy6uz.jpg

I blacked out my bills, everything can be color coded etc.

Both go up to 4 weeks. When you click on an item, it takes you to that item. You can set it to go to the calendar if you want.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Hey if you like the status bar agenda try this one. I tried status pro but you can't interact with it. It just sits there. This one is hooked up to your calendar. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=de.steverohrlack.statusagenda&token=MGtDatSi

Posted via Android Central App

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have also been very happy with Business Calendar Pro. But it's a different calendar app, and not just a widget that looks at the stock calendar, so maybe not what the OP is looking for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks