Will a Straight Talk iPhone 5 nano sim work with Moto X?

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I want to activate my phone tomorrow and today I realized that the moto x takes a nano and not a micro sim card. I tried to cut the one (scissors) and sanded it. I got it down and it looked like it would be fine, but when I stuck it in the phone it still said I was missing a sim card. I don't really want buy a cutter for a one time event. I saw straight talk sells a nano sim but it says for IPhone 5. Are sims made for specific phones or will this work on my x if I go to walmart and buy it? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will a straight talk Iphone 5 nano sim work with moto x?

Yeah thanks for the reply, I was paranoid because the walmart site listed it as for the iphone, but when I went there it just said it's a nano card......stupid walmart

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Maybe it's because iPhone owners need it spelled out.

Posted via Android Central App

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will a Straight Talk iPhone 5 nano sim work with moto x?

Probably because for awhile the only phone to use a nano sim was the iPhone 5. I've used my nano sim in a iPhone 5s, moto x, and a Nexus 5 (using an adapter) without any issues.

Joe Anderson4

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

i just checked walmart and i couldn't find the nano sim card on their website. I just ordered a Moto x off the motomaker.com and it says it comes with a nano sim card (tmobile) does anyone know if t mobile sim card will work on Straight Talk or do i have to buy one from them?