Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tmann202
  • 1 Post By raiderep
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Does 4.4.2 fix the AIO data issues?

    So i have read that this phone has some issues with AIO wireless. Does anybody know if the 4.4.2 update takes care of the data issue? I am thinking of leaving t mobile because they keep giving me a run around on things.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    I don't see why aio would have issues, it is an AT&T run network.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    This phone has a HUGE issue with AIO. My wife has the phone and apparently in the upgrade to 4.4 a big bug was introduced. Her phone will 'lose' connection with 4G lte/ data and the only fix is to either remove the SIM card or re-save the APN settings and reboot the phone... and it doesn't work every time. The phone will not automatically switch from wifi to 4G/LTE, again a reboot is required. She is also unable to send and receive MMS messages and is missing texts also.

    This is such a headache we are considering dropping AIO and moving to T-Mobile for her phone. I have a Nexus 5 and I do not experience these issues, mine phone and plan seems to work fine.

    I'm hoping she gets the update any day now because her phone is almost unusable. I can post an update if/when she does receive and update.
  4. #4  
    raiderep's Avatar

    Posts
    113 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: AIO problems

    Well I am considering switching to aio from T-Mobile because my moto x gets terrible data connection on my college campus. I am actually using my n4 today on campus as a test and it is getting hspa with no issues like the moto x was. I am not sure if its the LTE/hspa handoff causing it or what. The n4 has no LTE and its seems fine on hspa. My next test will be on Wednesday with the moto x with LTE disabled and hspa only. I am now concerned about switching to aio after reading this thread...
  5. #5  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    I called AIO today to ask about getting a SIM card before my Moto X gets here and they said the Moto X is having problems with data on AIO since the Kitkat update. Which is disappointing since I was probably going to go with AIO, but I guess I'll go with GoPhone at least until this gets figured out. GLAD I CALLED.

    EDIT: Found this thread

    "Just a quick update on this issue. I contacted someone at Motorola today and was told that the fix to this issue was going to be included in the next update (4.4.2) which is going thru its certification here in the US. So hopefully we will have this resolved very soon!!"

    --->Can anyone confirm whether Moto X 4.4.2. runs properly on AIO??
    Last edited by tmann202; 02-11-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    raiderep's Avatar

    Posts
    113 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: AIO problems

    Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    I called AIO today to ask about getting a SIM card before my Moto X gets here and they said the Moto X is having problems with data on AIO since the Kitkat update. Which is disappointing since I was probably going to go with AIO, but I guess I'll go with GoPhone at least until this gets figured out. GLAD I CALLED.

    EDIT: Found this thread

    "Just a quick update on this issue. I contacted someone at Motorola today and was told that the fix to this issue was going to be included in the next update (4.4.2) which is going thru its certification here in the US. So hopefully we will have this resolved very soon!!"

    --->Can anyone confirm whether Moto X 4.4.2. runs properly on AIO??
    Yes please let us know if the latest update has solved this!

    And thanks for posting confirmation from aio that it is a real issue.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    Has anybody manually did the update. I did but I'm on t mobile. If this fixed it on Aio I'm switching for sure.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    Can someone explain to me what the advantage of AIO over Straight Talk would be? Aren't they both ATT, and ST cheaper? (I know ST has ATT, VZ, etc...)

    Also, anyone have any experiences with Moto X on ST?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Guysakar View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the advantage of AIO over Straight Talk would be? Aren't they both ATT, and ST cheaper? (I know ST has ATT, VZ, etc...)

    Also, anyone have any experiences with Moto X on ST?
    Look at the Straight Talk facebook page. TONS of complaints about throttling, horrible customer service. It's run from southeast Asia. They use various providers depending on location. I was looking at ST and after seeing all that decided to go with GoPhone or AIO (still waiting for my phone). AIO and GoPhone are owned by AT&T.

    Has no one been able to confirm whether Moto X 4.4.2 works correctly on AIO???
    Last edited by tmann202; 02-12-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    Ry likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderep View Post
    Well I am considering switching to aio from T-Mobile because my moto x gets terrible data connection on my college campus. I am actually using my n4 today on campus as a test and it is getting hspa with no issues like the moto x was. I am not sure if its the LTE/hspa handoff causing it or what. The n4 has no LTE and its seems fine on hspa. My next test will be on Wednesday with the moto x with LTE disabled and hspa only. I am now concerned about switching to aio after reading this thread...
    How do u switch just LTE off So it uses hspa?

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  
    raiderep's Avatar

    Posts
    113 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: AIO problems

    Quote Originally Posted by bandityo View Post
    How do u switch just LTE off So it uses hspa?

    Posted via Android Central App
    There's an app in the market called 'phone testing' and all it seems to do is open the menu you need to switch to gsm auto prl. I'm on 4.4.2 now though and my T-Mobile issues are now gone. Still want to switch to aio though so hoping someone reports in for us.
    Thanked by:
    David Coconut likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    In an (also unresolved) thread on this elsewhere someone posted this:

    "Related issue: I read that the 4.4 bug affected only ATT phones (XT 1058) and not the unlocked GSM (XT 1053). Can anyone confirm this point as well?"

    Can anyone here confirm this at least? If so, I am in the clear since I got the unlocked version.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    In an (also unresolved) thread on this elsewhere someone posted this:

    "Related issue: I read that the 4.4 bug affected only ATT phones (XT 1058) and not the unlocked GSM (XT 1053). Can anyone confirm this point as well?"

    Can anyone here confirm this at least? If so, I am in the clear since I got the unlocked version.
    I don't know if the problem I experienced is related, but I have an XT1053 and I used it with a China Unicom SIM card when I was in China last month. Worked great for the most part, was able to get "4G" (HSPA) nearly everywhere, but sometimes the data connection would drop and I had to power cycle the phone to get data back (later I found toggling Airplane mode had the same effect). I'm slated for another trip next month so I'll see if I still have the issue now that I have 4.4.2.

    I also had some possibly related issues in rural areas where T-Mobile coverage is sporadic at best. When the network operator was set to Automatic, my phone would get stuck in "Emergency Calls Only" mode while my wife's Nexus 4 was finding and using the T-Mobile network. Forcing the network operator to T-Mobile allowed it to connect, but I shouldn't have had to do that.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: AIO problems

    For anyone else wondering, I just switched to Aio from GoPhone on an unbranded Moto X XT1053 (4.4.2). Transfer was immediate after registering and changing out the sim (even though it said it could take up to 4 hours after I registered which made me nervous). Didn't touch any phone settings. Turned the wifi off and back on and still had data after each. Don't notice any speed difference, plenty fast for me. Watching a youtube video to test right now, everything is fine. Will update if I run into any issues. As of now seems like the only reason to use GoPhone if your phone works on Aio is to pay more money, or show someone your download speeds which I don't even know how to check.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 04:16 PM
  2. getting note 3 does it come with ear bubs
    By zaydabarber in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 08:55 AM
  3. note 3 can u write on back of pic just like the note 2
    By zaydabarber in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 03:24 PM
  4. Accessing your notifications on the lockscreen!
    By Gator352 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 03:45 AM
  5. Count me in! I'm part of the Droid Maxx family!!!
    By rockitdog23 in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 02:00 AM

Posting Permissions

B