1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Default Only two things that bug me: overly sensitive proximity sensor, touch screen typing

First is the overly sensitive proximity sensor. Can't hold the phone with left hand in landscape without it going dark.

Second, typing. Hate touch screen typing.

Love just about everything else.
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Default Re: Only two things that bug me: overly sensitive proximity sensor, touch screen typing

Quote Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
    Second, typing. Hate touch screen typing.
    what is different about typing on the moto x?

Default Re: Only two things that bug me: overly sensitive proximity sensor, touch screen typing

Have you tried Swype style typing? The built in keyboard can do it. Swype is the best at it and SwiftKey is pretty good at it too.

Sent from my Moto X
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by dmark44 View Post
    Have you tried Swype style typing? The built in keyboard can do it. Swype is the best at it and SwiftKey is pretty good at it too.

Sent from my Moto X
    I have tried swype and the built in Google swipe and it just doesn't seem very fast. I can absolutely fly on my BlackBerry Q10 compared to any touch screen I've used, so much so that I might just stick with the bb. Not just the keyboard helps, but all of the unified inbox stuff and efficiency with messaging and scheduling. I love just about everything else about the moto more though. And I now remember why I liked my sgs3 so much. Apps, screen, etc. destroy the bb in those areas. I might just start carrying two devices. I'm near a charger most of the time so I can just leave hotspot on the moto and use WiFi on the bb to type out emails.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I hate the stock keyboard too. Swype is great though!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

I have tried swype and the built in Google swipe and it just doesn't seem very fast. I can absolutely fly on my BlackBerry Q10 compared to any touch screen I've used
    But the voice to text is so good on Kit Kat that there is no need for me to type much except when I am in situations where I can't speak due to privacy or need not to disturb others.

My X is overly sensitive to touch, I can wave my finger close to a button, usually in the row under the white line near the bottom of the screen, and an app will annoyingly launch. I am guessing at about 1/8th of an inch above the screen.

Is there any way to tone down the touch sensitivity?

I have tried swype and the built in Google swipe and it just doesn't seem very fast. I can absolutely fly on my BlackBerry Q10 compared to any touch screen I've used, so much so that I might just stick with the bb. Not just the keyboard helps, but all of the unified inbox stuff and efficiency with messaging and scheduling. I love just about everything else about the moto more though. And I now remember why I liked my sgs3 so much. Apps, screen, etc. destroy the bb in those areas. I might just start carrying two devices. I'm near a charger most of the time so I can just leave hotspot on the moto and use WiFi on the bb to type out emails.
    I came from a qwerty phone, both the Pre and a BB, man, after 4 months now with my first soft keyboard i still hate a soft keyboard. lol. Swift Key was awesome in that it guessed so many words i did less typing, i still had to concentrate so much though. Now i'm back to stock just because i couldn't get my phone to stop asking me over and over again which keyboard i wanted to use even thuogh i chose swiftkey already dozens of times. Annoying.

Typing on this thing is taking some getting use to. I think my old iPhone was easier to type on.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

the main issue for me is that email, skype messaging and text are so critical to my work, and there's tons of punctuation and special characters.
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tex0322 View Post
    Typing on this thing is taking some getting use to. I think my old iPhone was easier to type on.
    My mom has an iPhone 5 and I can't understand why you think that. How is it any easier on an iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    How is it any easier on an iPhone?
    Oh Cozume, they cost a lot more so they are better at everything. {gasp}

Sent from my Joke Desk