Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Default Verizon Moto X: Asurion Will Give You a Moto Maker Device If You Customized

According to this thread here

You do get a customized Moto X back if you bought one. Motorola has an agreement in place with Asurion and you do get the same device back if you customized. I don't know about Dev Ed but I don't see why that would be different.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-16-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Verizon Moto X: Asurion Will Give You a Moto Maker Device If You Customized

Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    According to this thread here

You do get a customized Moto X back if you bought one. Motorola has an agreement in place with Asurion and you do get the same device back if you customized. I don't know about Dev Ed but I don't see why that would be different.
    Hi Cozume:

If you have a customized Moto X, we will offer the black or white standard operating edition to get you reconnected as quickly as possible. If you don't mind waiting a few extra days, we will work with you to replace your custom Moto X design with the standard operating system. We do not offer the developers edition as a replacement. Hope that helps! We are here if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
    Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares
    www.phoneclaim.com
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon Moto X: Asurion Will Give You a Moto Maker Device If You Customized

Quote Originally Posted by Asurioncares View Post
    We do not offer the developers edition as a replacement. Hope that helps! We are here if you have any further questions.
    Thanks for confirming!

That is too bad about the developer edition but I can understand why you wouldn't cover it given the unlockable bootloader.

ROM
    Stock

So if I had a claim on my blue and white 32gb, I could just get a replacement white or black 32gb quickly if I needed one?

Cross my fingers this never happens.

Posted via Android Central App
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cordoni View Post
    So if I had a claim on my blue and white 32gb, I could just get a replacement white or black 32gb quickly if I needed one?
    I don't think so because the only way to get a 32GB device is via moto maker or the dev ed. You would get a 16GB black or white I think or wait for a customized one.

How much did everyone pay for your phone's? I paid 150, kept my unlimited, signed 2 years, and still got a 50 rebate card offer after passing 150. It's a 32 MMX before asking.

I ask because with a 99 deductible this is robbery unless you make sure you damage your phone. After a year at 10 I would pay more in insurance than the phone. Even at 300 it's arguably still a bad deal. I'd like protection, but...

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

I cancelled my insurance. Paid 350 + tax in December during that sale for my X. I'm good with my phones, never broke a screen or had a phone be nonfunctional. Also never use screen protectors or cases, small hands don't need extra bulk... plus I don't want my custom X covered up. Insurance is basically gambling, could throw away over 200 dollars over 2 years of phone use if you never use it. Or you could need it and be out of luck if you don't have it. But for 350 dollars I didn't see it worth the extra monthly cost. And if you do use it and still have it for 2 years you are paying the cost of a new X anyways.
    Thanked by:

Agree 100%
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaingo5150 View Post
    I ask because with a 99 deductible this is robbery unless you make sure you damage your phone. After a year at 10 I would pay more in insurance than the phone. Even at 300 it's arguably still a bad deal. I'd like protection, but...
    The Asurion part is only $5.18/mo. Then another $3 is for extended warranty after 1 year. The rest is for tech support.

The verizon reps don't like to tell you but you can buy just the Asurion insurance for $5.18/mo. Then after your 1 year of manufacturer's warranty is up, you can add the $3 to extend the warranty during open enrollment and pay $8.18 at that time. I will be upgrading to a Moto X2 before the 1 year warranty on my phone is up so no need to extend the warranty.

I paid $375 + tax = $400 for my 32GB Moto X with a wood back, so $5.18 for 12 months is $62.16 + $99 deductible = $161.16 is well worth it to me for the peace of mind and I am sure when I upgrade to the Moto X2 I would be able to recoup most if not all of that by selling the phone.
    Thanked by:
    Asurioncares likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Asurioncares View Post
    Hi Cozume:

If you have a customized Moto X, we will offer the black or white standard operating edition to get you reconnected as quickly as possible. If you don't mind waiting a few extra days, we will work with you to replace your custom Moto X design with the standard operating system. We do not offer the developers edition as a replacement. Hope that helps! We are here if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
    So basically your saying that even though I couldn't buy a Motocare warranty because you guys colluded with Verizon so that people like me couldn't, you don't replace my device with the device that I purchased even though I'm forced to buy your product if I want insurance...... And that's legal how? And why would I be willing to replace a 32gb Developer Edition with a 16gb program phone. I guess I'll be saving fifty bucks a month because I'll be canceling the contracts on all of my lines. You guys obviously can't be trusted. If my car insurance company tried that kind of crap they'd be out of business quickly.

Thanked by:

Looks like I'll canceling my insurance ASAP!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techitrucker View Post
    So basically your saying that even though I couldn't buy a Motocare warranty because you guys colluded with Verizon so that people like me couldn't, you don't replace my device with the device that I purchased even though I'm forced to buy your product if I want insurance
    I don't work for Asurion. I am just a regular poster here like you.

And I don't know if Asurion colluded with Verizon on this or not. If I had to guess, I would say that Asurion would have rather not had the added cost and hassle of dealing with customized Moto X phones and it was Verizon who stopped Motorola from offering MotoCare to us. Of the $10 Total Mobile Protection, $2 is for nothing but tech support, so basically pure profit for Verizon. Verizon is pushing TMP and my guess is that they don't want anything to compete with that.

I am sure if Verizon could, they would have stopped Apple from offering AppleCare to Verizon iPhone users. But they don't have that kind of leverage over Apple. They have a lot of leverage over Motorola given the Droid line and Motorola's weaker market position.

...... And that's legal how?
    What would be illegal about this?

And why would I be willing to replace a 32gb Developer Edition with a 16gb program phone.
    I am unclear on this but from what the Asurion poster said, I think you wouldn't have to. I think you could get a Moto Maker 32GB device, just not a Dev Ed. I will call myself later and try to find out the answer on this.

I don't know the ins and outs of Asurion's deal with Motorola and neither do you so we don't know why the Dev Eds aren't being offered. If I had to guess I would say it was Motorola who doesn't want to have to replace them at whatever reduced price they sell them to Asurion for. Motorola had to be pressured into not voiding the warranty on the Dev Eds if you unlock the bootloader. At first they were taking position that all warranties were void if you unlocked your bootloader.

I guess I'll be saving fifty bucks a month because I'll be canceling the contracts on all of my lines. You guys obviously can't be trusted. If my car insurance company tried that kind of crap they'd be out of business quickly.
    I am sure the number of us who own Moto X Dev Eds is miniscule compared to the amount of business Asurion does and those of us who own Moto X Dev Eds and aren't keeping insurance on our phones is a proverbial drop in their bucket.
    Last edited by Cozume; 02-14-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

I can hardly wait for the first story of someone getting an Asurion replacement X that has someone else's signature on the back. Big Bob gets a refurbed phone that says PRINCESS on the back or something.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    I can hardly wait for the first story of someone getting an Asurion replacement X that has someone else's signature on the back. Big Bob gets a refurbed phone that says PRINCESS on the back or something.
    LOL! no, from what the Asurion rep said you can get a 16GB black or white uncustomized one back right away. But if you are willing to wait, you can get one customized like yours was back. If I had to guess, the returned customized phones get refurbed and then those are the ones they use to customize for the Asurion replacements.

So basically your saying that even though I couldn't buy a Motocare warranty because you guys colluded with Verizon so that people like me couldn't, you don't replace my device with the device that I purchased even though I'm forced to buy your product if I want insurance...... And that's legal how? And why would I be willing to replace a 32gb Developer Edition with a 16gb program phone. I guess I'll be saving fifty bucks a month because I'll be canceling the contracts on all of my lines. You guys obviously can't be trusted. If my car insurance company tried that kind of crap they'd be out of business quickly.

Hi Techitrucker,

We always want our customers to make an informed decision about the services we offer. For this reason, we provide detailed information regarding our services via pamphlets in the stores, via your carrier and Asurion websites, and via customer service representatives. We also have store associates, phone representatives, technical assistance teams, online chat support, websites, email addresses and social media representatives to address your concerns. We never want to loose a valued customer. Do you currently have insurance with us for your 32gb Developer Edition Moto X?
    Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares
    www.phoneclaim.com

Yes I do. And on a few other devices. What bothers me about this is not that your insurance won't cover the device some of us bought but that if we wanted insurance on said device the other choices where denied. I don't know who made what deals with whom nor do I care honestly. I was sold insurance on a particular phone with the understanding that it was covered and now I find out that was only a kinda sorta thing. Kinda sorta was not what I was purchasing. I buy insurance on my Accord and need to use it the insurance company is not going to replace it with a Civic. Anything less is excuses and thievery. I'll choose to vote with my wallet.

Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

What bothers me about this is not that your insurance won't cover the device some of us bought but that if we wanted insurance on said device the other choices where denied.
    Denied by Motorola. It is Motorola that will not sell us their MotoCare policy. No one can force Motorola not to sell to us. But yes, Verizon can pressure them to by not carrying the device if they won't do it.

I don't know who made what deals with whom nor do I care honestly.
    OK well before you were making accusations of collusion and illegal policies.

I was sold insurance on a particular phone with the understanding that it was covered
    Verizon sold you that insurance. And where did you get that understanding from? Did you call Asurion and ask? Obviously not, because if you had they would have told you what was covered.

And if some Verizon employee told you that Asurion would give you back a Dev Ed, then it was a misunderstanding created by Verizon and your beef is with Verizon.

I buy insurance on my Accord and need to use it the insurance company is not going to replace it with a Civic. Anything less is excuses and thievery.
    Whether you realize it or not, if your insurance policy stated you would get a Civic back and not an Accord, it would not under any law anywhere in the world be considered thievery. It wouldn't even be a breach of a contract.

Yes I do. And on a few other devices. What bothers me about this is not that your insurance won't cover the device some of us bought but that if we wanted insurance on said device the other choices where denied. I don't know who made what deals with whom nor do I care honestly. I was sold insurance on a particular phone with the understanding that it was covered and now I find out that was only a kinda sorta thing. Kinda sorta was not what I was purchasing. I buy insurance on my Accord and need to use it the insurance company is not going to replace it with a Civic. Anything less is excuses and thievery. I'll choose to vote with my wallet.

And, your auto insurance company will only pay you current MARKET value if you total your car, they do NOT have to buy you an identical car. If your not happy with what they offer you can have an independent appraiser apprise your car, which can be a benefit if you have an older or rare car in way above average condition.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    And, your auto insurance company will only pay you current MARKET value if you total your car, they do NOT have to buy you an identical car. If your not happy with what they offer you can have an independent appraiser apprise your car, which can be a benefit if you have an older or rare car in way above average condition.
    and all of that is spelled out in the insurance policy's terms. I am sure Asurion will give your their policy in writing if you just ask.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
    and all of that is spelled out in the insurance policy's terms. I am sure Asurion will give your their policy in writing if you just ask.
    And that is exactly the problem, READ YOUR POLICY! don't assume, my neighbor bought a brand new pickup, pulled out in front of a car LEAVING the dealership, totalled, no one seriously hurt thank goodness, but he had to pay the bank over $6000.00 that his insurance would not pay! he declined GAP insurance to save a few bucks a month. I usually carry insurance on my devices for the first 6 months or so and then look at current replacement cost vs. premium and deductible and decide if I want to continue based on those numbers.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rusty502 View Post
    I usually carry insurance on my devices for the first 6 months or so and then look at current replacement cost vs. premium and deductible and decide if I want to continue based on those numbers.
    smart. I usually never drop it but I should do like you do.

Before I ever bought this policy rest assured I called them. The booklet I have from then says item will be replaced with and identical device unless that device is no longer available. Last I heard the device is still available. Most good auto policies these days are replacement plus. My USAA policy will get me a brand new car. There for sure was collusion, or Moto would have been selling that insurance. Moto itself was probably just pressured but if you think there's not something going on between Verizon and Assurian to get us to a place where we are your deluding yourself. For the life of me I'm trying to figure out how they can even inject themselves into the equation. I bought the phone full price from Moto direct. Other than sticking in Sim I already had, Verizon had nothing to do with that transaction. Why should they be able to dictate the terms of my warranty? People really need to stop making excuses for companies that make **** moves like this. Like I said, I voted with my wallet. I dropped coverage from them on every device on my account and got a refund for the three months of non coverage on my Moto X. Frankly, the guy at Verizon was surprised when I told him why I was dropping coverage and actually offered the refund before I had to ask. I'll take the fifty a month I've been spending and self insure from now on. That's the last word I'll say on the matter. I'm just glad I saw this post and found out before I wasted any more money.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

There for sure was collusion, or Moto would have been selling that insurance. Moto itself was probably just pressured but if you think there's not something going on between Verizon and Assurian to get us to a place where we are your deluding yourself.
    While I think it would be naive to think that Motorola was not pressured by Verizon, the rest of what you wrote you just pulled out of thin air. And you should look up what the word "collude" means.

For the life of me I'm trying to figure out how they can even inject themselves into the equation. I bought the phone full price from Moto direct. Other than sticking in Sim I already had, Verizon had nothing to do with that transaction. Why should they be able to dictate the terms of my warranty?
    Verizon's business relationship with the phone manufacturers is not something we as consumers get to dictate. If you don't like it, as you said, vote with your wallet and leave Verizon.

People really need to stop making excuses for companies that make **** moves like this.
    Again, you seem to be making excuses for Verizon. It is Verizon you should leave but where you gonna go?

I'm just glad I saw this post and found out before I wasted any more money.
    You're welcome. Don't forget to hit the thanks button on the OP.
    Thanked by:

You know all I was doing was making a comment to the company rep. Your comments and personal attacks on me after are childish and immature and not at all helpful. I'll make sure I don't comment on your threads anymore.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

You know all I was doing was making a comment to the company rep.
    I don't care who you were making your outrageous accusations to; they needed to be corrected.

Your comments and personal attacks on me after are childish and immature and not at all helpful.
    I didn't personally attack you at all. I commented on the substance of your posts.

I'll make sure I don't comment on your threads anymore.
    That won't be a loss to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast