1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X Dev edition: 4.4.2 A2DP audio skipping/cutting out?

I just updated last night and on my way to work this morning listening to beats music I was getting a crazy amount of what sounds like skipping. This seemed to get far worse when I unlocked and went into desktop of my phone. Power cycling the phone fixes it for a little bit but it comes back. Same issue with google music. Pandora seems to be fine though.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-27-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Default Re: Dev edition 4.4.2 A2DP audio skipping/cutting out?

That happens to me occasionally on 4.4. maybe once or twice a month. I just unpair and re-pair and things go back to normal. People ***** about the camera on this phone but that can be fixed with and app. The Bluetooth is boned. Driving mode on Moto Assist is basically useless in more than half of bt devices because it won't send text to voice over them and the skipping problem is also common. They need to go back to the Bluetooth stack they where using before Kitkat instead of this special Moto stack that is reminiscent of the bt issues in the OG Droid / Milestone.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm lucky because I haven't had any issues with the driving mode. The Moto x asks if I want to listen to the texts and I say listen. I'm also able to reply. Since I don't like to be distracted I updated the setting so it automatically sends a text telling the sender that I am driving. I'm am driving a 2013 vehicle so maybe the BT software is more up to date. I'm not too knowledgable in BT protocols etc.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it has to do with the hardware in the stereos. My Alpine for instance is Parrot. And it's their newest model. I tried with a Pioneer at the store and didn't have the problem. I'm willing to bet that must of the systems having this problem use Parrot as the guts of their systems.

I'm more inclined to say buggy BT on android. I've read quite a few reports of X being better on 4.2.2. Also have had N4, N5, motox all having some issues on BT. IPhone 5s, no issues.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

The newest Assist fixed the notification problems for my stereos at least. You go to the driving settings then the link to troubleshoot Bluetooth issues. Pick the alternate audio channel. Seems to have fixed all voice to text and notifications over Bluetooth regardless of application so they must have worked some background voodoo into the update. I don't know if it helped the skipping problem. That's a pretty rare occurrence for me.