Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By n0obpr0
  • 1 Post By jschu22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My beloved Moto X

So after updating my T-mobile Moto X to 4.4.2 two nights ago I had to uninstall active display and touchless control. Touchless Control would launch itself for no reason and Active display, well, it didn't display half of my notifications received.

I opened up Play Store and installed those apps again. To my surprise, they didn't work at all this time. While setting up my launch phrase, the mic would would not recognize any noise. And this time, Active display didn't do a damn thing.

Hours later talking in the phone with a lvl 2 tech. support from Motorola and still couldn't figured out what's wrong. At the end, since my phone is customized, they gave me a redemption pin to get a new customized Moto X for free. I placed my order yesterday and I should be getting it next Thursday.

In the meantime I'm sitting here looking at my phone all disappointed. Why? Because once you use active display and touchless control you are hooked....or is it just me????
    Well, I feel like I have a dumbphone now.

I can't wait 'till I get my new Moto X. I miss those features a lot lol!
    On that Jellybean stuff
    TBolt likes this.

Default Re: My beloved Moto X

Give these are try:

Thanked by:

I was just about to install DashClock. Is anyone else having a problem with Dashclock and Active Notifications playing nice?
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna give it try.
    Dashclock worked flawlessly with active notification for me before.
    Posted via Android Central App
    On that Jellybean stuff

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I was just about to install DashClock. Is anyone else having a problem with Dashclock and Active Notifications playing nice?
    I've been using Dashclock since I got this phone and haven't had any issues with Active Notifications. I don't see any reason why they would conflict.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Give these are try:

I tried both of those on my S3. They're not terrible but don't come close to Active Display and Touchless Control.
    Thanked by:

Try to factory reset the phone at least.

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n0obpr0 View Post
    So after updating my T-mobile Moto X to 4.4.2 two nights ago I had to uninstall active display and touchless control. Touchless Control would launch itself for no reason and Active display, well, it didn't display half of my notifications received.

I opened up Play Store and installed those apps again. To my surprise, they didn't work at all this time. While setting up my launch phrase, the mic would would not recognize any noise. And this time, Active display didn't do a damn thing.

Hours later talking in the phone with a lvl 2 tech. support from Motorola and still couldn't figured out what's wrong. At the end, since my phone is customized, they gave me a redemption pin to get a new customized Moto X for free. I placed my order yesterday and I should be getting it next Thursday.

In the meantime I'm sitting here looking at my phone all disappointed. Why? Because once you use active display and touchless control you are hooked....or is it just me????
    Well, I feel like I have a dumbphone now.

I can't wait 'till I get my new Moto X. I miss those features a lot lol!
    So Motorola is replacing your phone with a new one after some time on the phone with support? Thats awesome. Maybe I'm the only one that found this to be pleasantly surprising.

n0obpr0 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I did 4 factory resets lol according to Motorola tech support those features are baked into the software and somehow installing the apps doesn't recognize them

@jschu22 - Well, at first the technician told me I had to send them my Moto X for further evaluation, leaving me phoneless for about two weeks. I wasn't happy about that. He then asked me if it was a customized Moto X. I told him yes so he transferred me to the motomaker department. They are the ones replacing my Moto X instead of leaving me phoneless lol

Last edited by n0obpr0; 02-14-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    On that Jellybean stuff