Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: Activating on T-Mobile

I bought a Moto X unlocked that came with an installed tmobile sim.

I am confused a bit.

1. Can I call the activation number to activate my phone and ask for a prepaid plan (30 dollars a month one?) Is it possible to ask for the 30 dollar prepaid plan with the sim it came with?

2. Do I need to get a new sim in order for me to qualify for the prepaid plan?

Thanks
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-16-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Default Re: New Moto X owner with a few questions.

1. yes
    2. no

Default Re: Activating on T-Mobile

You should just activate it from their website, it's faster than calling them in person. I only have to call when I need to transfer a number.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-activate

sent via Le Motonovo X

I am waiting for my phone and then will be doing this, too.. So, if I want to keep my phone number, it is better to call them?
    Good luck, jaeokita. Pls. share any tips from your experience.

You can put your number in to transfer while activating on the website, but last time I did that it was stuck in the process. I called them up and they got it through quickly.

sent via Le Motonovo X

I just stopped by the T-mobile store the morning after receiving my XT 1053. They took the SIM out of my old phone, Took the nano SIM out of the Moto X, out them both into a little black machine, tapped a few places on its screen and after a few seconds it was done. The nano SIM was put into my new Moto X and I was ready to go. Couldn't be simpler.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGary View Post
    I just stopped by the T-mobile store the morning after receiving my XT 1053. They took the SIM out of my old phone, Took the nano SIM out of the Moto X, out them both into a little black machine, tapped a few places on its screen and after a few seconds it was done. The nano SIM was put into my new Moto X and I was ready to go. Couldn't be simpler.
    T-Mobile store do not provide the $30/month 5GB prepay plan though. Only available at Walmart or activate online/phone.

sent via Le Motonovo X

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    T-Mobile store do not provide the $30/month 5GB prepay plan though. Only available at Walmart or activate online/phone.

sent via Le Motonovo X
    Ah, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGary View Post
    I'll be doing this tonight with my wife's new Moto X. She's in the last year of her contract with T-Mobile and is using a ghastly old Samsung slider (it is on Jelly Bean but it sucks so badly), and I got her the unlocked GSM version from Motomaker. Sounds like she'll be up and running on her new phone with no trouble. Thanks for this info.

Quote Originally Posted by megatomic View Post
    I'll be doing this tonight with my wife's new Moto X. She's in the last year of her contract with T-Mobile and is using a ghastly old Samsung slider (it is on Jelly Bean but it sucks so badly), and I got her the unlocked GSM version from Motomaker. Sounds like she'll be up and running on her new phone with no trouble. Thanks for this info.
    If you're on contract, you can just activate the nano SIM that came with your Moto X online at Unsupported Browser (Bah, stupid forum software changed my text to "Unsupported Browser"). I did this and it worked right away.

We took her phone in to the local store (her choice, it's her phone after all) and they got her activated really quickly and easily. They wound up having to give her a new SIM card though, not sure what that was all about. But she's up and running and VERY happy with the phone. I got some serious brownie points with my lady.

About her old Samsung (Galaxy Relay 4G slider), I flashed it to CM 10.2.1 (JB 4.3.1) after updating the modem and something else first and the phone is actually really quite usable. I wouldn't choose it over my X, but if something ever happens to it I wouldn't have any problems shifting over to it for a short time.

I had a similar experience. I took my Moto X motomaker for T-Mo into a T-Mo store to activate and they could not activate it with the installed sim. They put one in from their stock and activated the phone with no issues. I don't know why the original sim didn't work.

Default Re: Moto X: Activating on T-Mobile

Do you guys get 4g lte with your unlocked moto x?

Posted via Android Central App

Yes

On my XT1053- Yes.
    It's my immaturity that keeps me young.

i dont get 4g lite on my T-mobile Moto x , that phone is on a At&T plan though. Could that be the problem?

I get 4g LTE on my T-Mobile version moto x and I'm using at&t

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerbrett View Post
    I get 4g LTE on my T-Mobile version moto x and I'm using at&t
    Weird idk why i only see 4g icon on my own all the time. Did you have to do anything when you first got your moto x? did you take it to at&t and have them set it up for you?

I took it to at&t because I didn't have micro sim. Let me see if I can copy my settings.

Last edited by 4runnerbrett; 07-01-2014 at 01:07 AM.