Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola Migrate Issue

Hi everyone, just got a new Moto X and I'm loving it so far. I tried using Motorola Migrate to move my data from my HTC One to the Moto X but it's going REALLY slow. I've had it running for about 60 mins now and it's just gotten to 6% (first 3% transferred in the first 10 mins). Is this normal? I know I have a lot of media (probably about 9 GB of pictures and video, no music) but this still seems really slow. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas on how to speed up the process?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola Migrate Issue

Quote Originally Posted by geekfab View Post
    Hi everyone, just got a new Moto X and I'm loving it so far. I tried using Motorola Migrate to move my data from my HTC One to the Moto X but it's going REALLY slow. I've had it running for about 60 mins now and it's just gotten to 6% (first 3% transferred in the first 10 mins). Is this normal? I know I have a lot of media (probably about 9 GB of pictures and video, no music) but this still seems really slow. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas on how to speed up the process?
    Motorola Migrate creates a direct wi-fi connection between the 2 phones but relies on the main wi-fi connection, it this one is really busy, then it slows down to a crawl. Check that out.

ROM
    Stock

Mine took 3 hours to do 16gb's.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the responses. It finally finished! I guess my WiFi connection wasn't as strong as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by geekfab View Post
    Same for me when I tried to migrate from my HTC One S. It was very slow and I cancelled the migration and copied the things I want manually.

And, There is no option to select what items you want to migrate. See, I did not want to copy any media files like pictures and videos, but I could not find an option to exclude that.

In the end, I used different apps from Play Store to migrate the SMS, Call Logs and SIM Contacts which was far easier and faster.