Can't turn on "Battery Saver", is it just me???

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I had the Sprint Moto X from September until December after which I switched to a new T-Mobile Moto X and now have the 4.4.2 update. I never had any issues with turning on the "Battery Saver" mode with the old phone but this one, after I turn it on, if I just scroll down (in the Battery stats window) or go to any other window and come back, the Battery Saver is Off again.

Am I the only one with this problem?? Any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one with this problem?? Any ideas what could be causing it?

Nope and nope. Happened with my G too. Reading the prompt it kinda suggest that this automatically comes on when the battery is low. I think it is more of an indicator that the Battery Saver is now on rather than a switch for us to use.

Seems to be a programming oversight as if the above is the case then that should just be a text statement stating either "Battery Saver On" or "Battery Saver Off" Instead it is something we can go nuts over trying to turn on and just have it turn itself off again.

just a guess mind you as I have let it win and is stays Off. Well, as far as I can tell. :)

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback...but the odd thing is that I used to be able to easily do that in the Sprint version of the Moto X I had. I think that contributed to better battery life during standby too. If it were just an indicator, they wouldn't make it a toggled button. Hope to see more replies from some of the other members of this forum.

I'll try to contact Motorola and see what they have to say about it...Wish I could just walk over to Moto's new headquarters which is just 2 blocks from me in downtown Chicago. There's a huge banner welcoming them to the building this week.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Do you maybe have Moto Assist disabled? Battery Saver relies upon it.

That could be it, I have Assist disabled.

The battery saver thing is not really an issue for me, I have chargers all over the place (in vehicles too) and always plug it in. I doubt it ever gets below 50%.

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Good call!! That was it! After re-enabling Moto Assist, I tried turning Battery Saver on and again it didn't work, but then I did a restart and then it finally kept the Battery Saver on after I toggled it on!

Thanks for your help!!