Not enough love for Moto X

dmdj232

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
So i just received my Moto X yesterday (Dev Edition on VZW) and although it has only been 1 day, so far I must say it is def the smoothest and most lag free smartphones I have ever owned (OG Droid, Thunderbolt, Bionic which VZW swapped out for Thunderbolt for obvious reasons, and Razr HD). While I'm not a "smartphone reviewer" by trade, I do follow the forums and such to keep up with the times. With my last phone being the Razr HD, I could not wait to get something different because of its terrible response/lag. I am an Android supporter to the fullest and for the most part have always steered towards Motorola going back to the Star Tac days but I was having a very hard time justifying and defending the OS to "Apple guys" b/c of how bad a couple of my previous phones have been (ie. Thunderbolt and Razr HD) and so I must admit I was going to take a "look" at the iPhone when the new one came out, UNTIL NOW!!! Like I said, it has only been 1 day but I think this phone should have been the talk of all phones for the simple fact that "it just works" and that's what I have been waiting for!! So if anyone who is reading this and was on the fence about this phone b/c of "specs", don't hesitate b/c Motorola/Google have done a GREAT JOB with it. My only hope is that Lenovo keeps the ball rolling in the same direction!!

PS. I failed to mention that with previous phones that I have had "problems" with I tried everything that I could to "fix" the issues that all the great Devs have come out with like custom roms and such, but as it stands right now I don't see myself having to that with the stock format of this phone!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So i just received my Moto X yesterday (Dev Edition on VZW) and although it has only been 1 day, so far I must say it is def the smoothest and most lag free smartphones I have ever owned (OG Droid, Thunderbolt, Bionic which VZW swapped out for Thunderbolt for obvious reasons, and Razr HD). While I'm not a "smartphone reviewer" by trade, I do follow the forums and such to keep up with the times. With my last phone being the Razr HD, I could not wait to get something different because of its terrible response/lag. I am an Android supporter to the fullest and for the most part have always steered towards Motorola going back to the Star Tac days but I was having a very hard time justifying and defending the OS to "Apple guys" b/c of how bad a couple of my previous phones have been (ie. Thunderbolt and Razr HD) and so I must admit I was going to take a "look" at the iPhone when the new one came out, UNTIL NOW!!! Like I said, it has only been 1 day but I think this phone should have been the talk of all phones for the simple fact that "it just works" and that's what I have been waiting for!! So if anyone who is reading this and was on the fence about this phone b/c of "specs", don't hesitate b/c Motorola/Google have done a GREAT JOB with it. My only hope is that Lenovo keeps the ball rolling in the same direction!!

PS. I failed to mention that with previous phones that I have had "problems" with I tried everything that I could to "fix" the issues that all the great Devs have come out with like custom roms and such, but as it stands right now I don't see myself having to that with the stock format of this phone!

If you think the phone is great now, just wait a week until the battery settles in, and you get used to the always listening, and active notifications. I love mine, and I will keep it until the phone dies. And when it does, I may give it a proper burial, with full Android honors. Lol...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Does the battery get noticeably better?

I spend my entire day in my car with bluetooth connected.

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
If you think the phone is great now, just wait a week until the battery settles in, and you get used to the always listening, and active notifications. I love mine, and I will keep it until the phone dies. And when it does, I may give it a proper burial, with full Android honors. Lol...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
Android Honor Guard is always on Call! LOL.

David Coconut

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree. This is the best Android phone to migrate to if you're used to an iphone. I had been using an iphone 5 and decided to give Android a go because I really like what I was reading about the Moto X. I've played around with other Android phones but this phone is perfect to me. The screen size and form factor are unparalleled. I don't think I'd want anything larger.

longhorn31

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Moto X for a week - replaced my Galaxy S3. What a relief! I don't have to worry obsess about battery life (I turned off Juice Defender), Active Dislay and Touchless Control are a joy, the size and shape are perfect, I've really enjoyed the black walnut back, there's no lag, and best of all, GPS locks on instantly (a constant problem with my S3).

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
This is the first Android phone I ever use that I don't feel the need to root.

1000th post. (I probably spent too much time in this forum.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan