1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Moto X: Thinking of switching/upgrading

Hey guys, I have been recently thinking about upgrading from my current Nokia Lumia 820 which I am not really enjoying at the moment because WP8 as a phone OS is slacking a lot, lack of apps, no notification centre etc... the list goes on.

The real question is do you think I should upgrade I want a good phone with fast specs, big screen, nice camera and overall a better OS which a mid price range. So do you think the MOTO X is the best option?

I also had a look around and saw that the HTC ONE is a nice phone too but the camera lacks a lot at only 4megapixels.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-21-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Default Re: Thinking of switching/upgrading

Quote Originally Posted by PxuLL View Post
    Hey guys, I have been recently thinking about upgrading from my current Nokia Lumia 820 which I am not really enjoying at the moment because WP8 as a phone OS is slacking a lot, lack of apps, no notification centre etc... the list goes on.

The real question is do you think I should upgrade I want a good phone with fast specs, big screen, nice camera and overall a better OS which a mid price range. So do you think the MOTO X is the best option?
    Just got mine yesterday and so far it is GREAT!! FAST, FAST, FAST, and although the screen is "only" 720p it really does look good. I came from a Razr HD.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Oh right nice, thanks!

If you're looking for top-notch specs, a big screen and a good camera, as your OP indicated, then this is the exact wrong phone for you.

By today's standards, the Moto X has a "small" screen, and it's only 720P, which seems to bother some people. The issues with the Camera are becoming legendary.

Its a great phone. Don't get me wrong. It just doesn't seem to fit what you're looking for. The phone that it sounds like would suit you the best is the LG G2.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Rosenthal View Post
    If you're looking for top-notch specs, a big screen and a good camera, as your OP indicated, then this is the exact wrong phone for you.

By today's standards, the Moto X has a "small" screen, and it's only 720P, which seems to bother some people. The issues with the Camera are becoming legendary.

Its a great phone. Don't get me wrong. It just doesn't seem to fit what you're looking for. The phone that it sounds like would suit you the best is the LG G2.
    Yeah I guess I might go for the LG G2 it looks fabulous my cousin had it he brought it over to the UK from Canada when he was on vacation I was pretty jealous to be honest :P
    Thanks!

Wait till after MWC next week. Lots of phones will be announced (Galaxy S5, HTC One successor).

You know you want it.
    You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by drvier8 View Post
    Wait till after MWC next week. Lots of phones will be announced (Galaxy S5, HTC One successor).
    They will be announced, but they won't be available for a while. So it depends how soon you want to buy a new phone.

I agree that given your OP, this is not the best phone for you. I am very happy with it, but my chief consideration was to get a phone that was "good enough" and also fit in my pocket and was easy to use with one hand. My husband's Galaxy S4 has a larger, brighter, more attractive screen. I don't take enough photos with the phone to have noticed or cared about its quality (plenty good for my expectations) but there are enough complaints about the camera that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who says that's one of their primary concerns.