Verizon: 4.4.2 KitKat, 164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Moto X getting Android 4.4.2 update today | Android Central

via David Schuster on Google+ -

Release notes: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/98449/action/auth

ENHANCEMENTS

This Moto X software update is for all Verizon users. After installing the software update you will notice some bug fixes and changes, including:

Printing documents and pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.

Improved battery life: Fixed bugs which caused a small number of users to experience shorter battery life after upgrading to Android 4.4.

Fixed email sync delays: Fixed a bug that could cause email services like Microsoft Exchange to experience intermittent delays in data synchronization.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/moto-x.pdf

Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Software Version 164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

KEY DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS

Security & Stability
  • Improved phone dialer application performance
  • Improved synchronization of email attachments
  • Enhanced on -device security

Roaming
  • Improved connectivity when roaming

Improvements
  • Battery life improved
  • Isis Mobile Wallet enhancements

Latest Version of Apps Now Available
  • VZ Tones
  • VZ Navigator

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon: 4.4.2 KitKat, 139.15.1.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Reminder: region does not matter.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Wow and I just got the soak test invite yesterday

Sent from my AT100 using AC Forums mobile app

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

WTF, Not that it is a huge update, but this was going to be my first soak test. I guess we'll just see what we'll see, won't we. I could really care less when it comes, but what the hell is the point of a soak test if you just push the update out before the testers get it. oh well, I will certaintly get over it.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

WTF, Not that it is a huge update, but this was going to be my first soak test. I guess we'll just see what we'll see, won't we. I could really care less when it comes, but what the hell is the point of a soak test if you just push the update out before the testers get it. oh well, I will certaintly get over it.

I think they just posted the support documents early. I think the soak testers will get it first before it gets rolled out to everyone else.

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

what the hell is the point of a soak test if you just push the update out before the testers get it.

Sometimes it works out that the update is pushed to everyone, but the soak testers exist to provide feedback directly to Motorola.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Maybe it's just me, but the camera performance seems a little speedier and a couple of pics seem like the post-processing has been improved just a smidgen. I'm going to have to do some more testing on this since it wasn't listed on the changelog. Placebo effect or an understated improvement is TBD.

cboekhoven

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys,

I have the update on my phone now. I was a soak test invitee. I got the link to the private thread shortly after the update installed. I believe the post of the changelog was premature and they are not pushing to everybody right now.

As for changes, exchange is fixed, everything listed seems to be accurate on the posted PDF. Haven't been able to use the camera much yet. There are a couple visual tweaks. The app drawer tabs between apps and widgets are outlined in white/grey and the home screen indicator tab is also now white/grey. I will try to upload screenshots later when i am home from the office. I have been on it like crazy and heavy LTE usage and battery seems to be performing better than normal but that could just be placebo. I will factory wipe and recharge to 100% and post updates on it when I can!!!

If you are a soak tester waiting on it be patient! It's coming!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Please keep it civil. If you have an issue with a post, report it and let the moderators handle it.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
How is yours running?

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

Seems to be running a lot snappier. Could be a placebo effect. I will have to give it a day or two to be sure

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be running a lot snappier. Could be a placebo effect. I will have to give it a day or two to be sure

I think I'll wait on OTA whenever that comes. My Moto X is running wonderfully. I never had the exchange issue like others did. My school email runs through exchange and it synced pretty well.

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll wait on OTA whenever that comes. My Moto X is running wonderfully. I never had the exchange issue like others did. My school email runs through exchange and it synced pretty well.

I never had any of the exchange issues either. Mine was running great prior to the update. I guess I was bored and decided to download the update and install it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs