Where the heck is the water damage indicator?

Guysakar

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I'm a complete moron. I was all set on ordering the Moto X last night before sale ran out, and got side tracked with Ronda Rousey/UFC fight and missed the dead line.

Doesn't appear to be on sale anymore, so I think I'm just going to buy one from gazelle-store off of eBay. The only thing I am really worried about is the unseen damage, like someone dropping it in water, but there is no removable battery so how would I find the strip of paper indicating water damage?

Thanks for any help.

Cane Prevost

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
The X is fairly impervious to water. I wouldn't worry about water damage. The nano coating that comes on it from the factory provides quite a bit of protection. There is a video online somewhere of someone putting a moto G in water for a half hour with no ill effects....

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The X is fairly impervious to water. I wouldn't worry about water damage. The nano coating that comes on it from the factory provides quite a bit of protection. There is a video online somewhere of someone putting a moto G in water for a half hour with no ill effects....

I've been wondering if the coating on the Moto G is the same as what's on the Moto X. Probably is, but it seems people are much more interested in putting the Moto G underwater. still haven't seen one video of that for the X