Moto X: How to tell if phone is 16 or 32 without opening box?

Guysakar

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a Moto X on eBay from someone who won the phone on The Ellen show. It was listed (eBay auto fills things) as a 32 gig, but the person is unsure if it is a 16 or 32. Is there any way to tell how many gigs without opening the box? I looked at images of the box online and it doesn't appear to say anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to tell if phone is 16 or 32 without opening box?

Use the data on the box and try to activate it with a carrier and after you enter the IMEI you will normally get a description of the device. It did when I activated my Moto X with T-Mobile afew days ago.

Guysakar

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Use the data on the box and try to activate it with a carrier and after you enter the IMEI you will normally get a description of the device. It did when I activated my Moto X with T-Mobile afew days ago.

Thanks for the reply Zed. The phone is AT&T and the seller, nor I currently have AT&T. Maybe we could call them and they would know?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I looked for images of the box as well, and it looks like they don't really give any indication of what size the device is. Honestly, I would expect a phone that was won on a show to be the cheapest possible version, so I'd bet it's actually 16 GB.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the reply Zed. The phone is AT&T and the seller, nor I currently have AT&T. Maybe we could call them and they would know?

You can still try to activate it on their site. Just don't go through with it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to be a customer and don't have to become one. You can cancel before completion.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Is the IMEI actually listed on the box, or in the eBay listing?

Guysakar

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

You can still try to activate it on their site. Just don't go through with it.

You don't have to be a customer and don't have to become one. You can cancel before completion.

I just tried to do a mock run, as a new and existing customer and it is asking me for the phone number and a verification number.

Is the IMEI actually listed on the box, or in the eBay listing?

It is not in the eBay listing. Not sure if it is on the box or not. I just emailed her and she is calling AT&T. I would think/hope that they would be able to tell her, but who knows.

Guysakar

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

She said that she called AT&T and they said that it was the 32 gig. Ellen came through.

Guysakar

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for everyone's help. Been making a bit of noise on here for a few weeks and am finally going to have a real life Moto X in a couple of days :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for everyone's help. Been making a bit of noise on here for a few weeks and am finally going to have a real life Moto X in a couple of days :)

Congratulations. It is a very nice phone

wowolicous

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Have you gotten any confirmation on the size of the phone's memory? I won 2 on that show, and would like to sell them also, since we don't have ATT. I called the store & from the sku they said they are 16 gb. Just wanted to see what yours turned out to be?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois