Moto X: Unlock pin with voice?

neller2000

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
How does this function work? Tried everything and anything to enable this feature but no matter what I cannot voice unlock my phone by speaking the pin or even figure out how to enable it to listen for the pin.

Last edited by a moderator:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unlock pin with voice?

I use a PIN and if I ask Google now a question, it asks me my PIN code if I say the code it unlocks my phone and completes the task. Are you using Google Now? I do not use Moto Assist.

Last edited:

neller2000

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site

No, I've seen videos of it just being on a table and being unlocked with voice, not rooted either.

Nothing on any of the reviews of being for driving and not a single hint as how to actually enable it anywhere.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

No, I've seen videos of it just being on a table and being unlocked with voice, not rooted either.

Nothing on any of the reviews of being for driving and not a single hint as how to actually enable it anywhere.
You have to ask your phone to do something it wont do with the pin enabled.

Something like "ok google now, navigate to work". It should confirm "navigate to work?" when you say yes it will say "speak pin to unlock"

At least thats how I remember it working when I played with it (I dont talk to my phone very often).

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Something like "ok google now, navigate to work". It should confirm "navigate to work?" when you say yes it will say "speak pin to unlock"

At least thats how I remember it working when I played with it (I dont talk to my phone very often).

That is exactly how mine works.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Also how mine works, I'm not sure if you can just unlock it without a command.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

nnor

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Please i have a similar problem, but it was after an android system upgrade on my htc one mini that i noticed the speak feature and i cant access the keyboard, i have tried speaking the password and OK Google commands, but none is working.

Kindly assist as i cant access my phone.

Thanks.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
You can also say "OK Google Now", "Unlock Phone" and it will say "Say or type PIN code". But as far as I know, you have to first give it an OK Google Now command.

nnor

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have tried severally, but it seems the screen is not responding as the mic keeps rolling or loading and says waiting for response. i restarted the phone and still experience same thing with no error response.

I have now installed HTC Sync Manager hoping i will input the password on the system, but it still requires the password to inputted on the phone first before it can be connected

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The feature this post is regarding is something you won't find on your HTC phone. I suggest you locate the sub-forum for that device and ask your question in that forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae