Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dad, your pocket is talking

That’s the way the conversation started when my son and I were driving down the road. I was never able to get Driver Assist to work but since I received the update yesterday…it works.

Default Re: Dad, your pocket is talking

Do you use it to resume audio playback? Does that work?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was not using bluetooth to connect to my stereo at the time. I'll try it and report back.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well for me Driver Assist is still flaky. Yesterday it never activated after driving for 1/2 hour. Today taking the same route I did yesterday Driver Assist activated but when my son sent me a text I got a text notification but it did not read the text. We tried it while connected to my stereo via bluetooth and not bluetooth connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jacobs View Post
    We tried it while connected to my stereo via bluetooth and not bluetooth connect.
    Can you elaborate?

I'm not seeing a problem with texts. What client are you using?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Miss View Post
    Can you elaborate?

I'm not seeing a problem with texts. What client are you using?
    Hangouts

And was it sent as a SMS or a Hangout message? Only SMS is supported at this point.

Again, can you elaborate on what you meant by "not bluetooth connect"?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Miss View Post
    And was it sent as a SMS or a Hangout message? Only SMS is supported at this point.

Again, can you elaborate on what you meant by "not bluetooth connect"?
    Ah-ha...that must be it. The message the Driver Assist read to me was an SMS and the message my son sent to me was from Hangouts but not SMS.

I use bluetooth to connect to my Alpine car stereo however, my 1st post talked about my phone showing Driver Assist but not bluetooth connected to my car stereo. I received a text message via hangouts and Driver Assists read the text message and then gave me the voice option to ignore or reply by voice text message stating I was driving...which I did. Yesterday I was driving for 1/2 hour and Driver Assist did not activate even though all the setting were the same as the previous days settings. Today Driver Assists activated before I drove to 200 feet. We sent a text message to my phone via Hangouts and I got my usual text message notification but Driver Assists did not read the message back. I then bluetooth connected my phone to my car stereo and and had another text sent to my phone, I received the usual text message notification but even though Driver Assists showed active on my phone it did not read the text message.

I was wondering if you had a chance to confirm auto playback is not working in this update.