Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cdmta
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What's the current market value of a Moto X

    My Moto X screen just cracked as I accidentally dropped it on the floor. If I got a replacement through equipment insurance ($199 deductible), what would be the market value of that replacement?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Why is your deductible $199? It should only be $99--at least, that's the case with Verizon.

    Swappa.com is a good place to check to determine the market value of any phone.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Swappa prices are around $300-380. You can buy new for 329 for vzw version thru tomorrow. VZWDEAL I think is the code.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    $299 from Republic wireless
  5. #5  
    mhans311's Avatar

    Posts
    461 Posts
    Global Posts
    572 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Bought mine last week off Craigslist for $210. Guy had used it maybe a week. Still had original plastic on it and everything.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    AT&T offered me to send me a new one for $49 but that would mean I'm signing up for a new 2 year contract. Not sure if that is a good deal. I'd really like to be able to use tethering again and Nexus 5 seems to be the way to go (on the Moto X, AT&T has found a way to make it impossible for those with unlimited data plans, even if I use only 200 MB/month for tethering and 2 GB total, i.e. am paying more than I should).

    My current baseline plan is to accept AT&T's offer, then try to get $250 for the Moto X they will send me, then buy a Nexus 5 from that and accept that I'll be stuck with AT&T for 2 more years (there doesn't seem to be a better alternative around the corner anyway).

    Let me know if that plan does not make sense to you.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by quietlybrilliant View Post
    AT&T offered me to send me a new one for $49 but that would mean I'm signing up for a new 2 year contract. Not sure if that is a good deal. I'd really like to be able to use tethering again and Nexus 5 seems to be the way to go (on the Moto X, AT&T has found a way to make it impossible for those with unlimited data plans, even if I use only 200 MB/month for tethering and 2 GB total, i.e. am paying more than I should).

    My current baseline plan is to accept AT&T's offer, then try to get $250 for the Moto X they will send me, then buy a Nexus 5 from that and accept that I'll be stuck with AT&T for 2 more years (there doesn't seem to be a better alternative around the corner anyway).

    Let me know if that plan does not make sense to you.
    I would use your upgrade to get a 16GB iPhone 5s from best buy for $150 and then sell the iPhone 5s for $550 on swappa. You will clear $500 after fees/shipping. Without taking into account the sales tax, you would net $350, which is enough to buy a 16GB Nexus. Of course, you have to figure in the sales tax but I don't know how much that is where you live.

    AT&T also charges an upgrade fee so you have to figure that in, too.

    If you go with the Moto X and pay $50 for it and sell for $250 on craig's list, you would only net $200 but again you would have to factor in sales tax and the upgrade fee. You are better off getting an iPhone with your upgrade and flipping it.
    Last edited by SmithlandCart; 03-03-2014 at 07:17 PM.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Less than $350. You can get a new for a little more than that price.

    via VZW Moto X or Droid RAZR M
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Thanks for the thoughts. Unfortunately I can only get the iPhone 5s for $199+tax+early renewal fee, which comes to $300. So I would only be making $200 that way, the same as if I can buy the Moto X for $50+tax+fee=$102 and sell it for $300.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmithlandCart View Post
    I would use your upgrade to get a 16GB iPhone 5s from best buy for $150 and then sell the iPhone 5s for $550 on swappa. You will clear $500 after fees/shipping. Without taking into account the sales tax, you would net $350, which is enough to buy a 16GB Nexus. Of course, you have to figure in the sales tax but I don't know how much that is where you live.

    AT&T also charges an upgrade fee so you have to figure that in, too.

    If you go with the Moto X and pay $50 for it and sell for $250 on craig's list, you would only net $200 but again you would have to factor in sales tax and the upgrade fee. You are better off getting an iPhone with your upgrade and flipping it.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by quietlybrilliant View Post
    Unfortunately I can only get the iPhone 5s for $199+tax+early renewal fee, which comes to $300.
    Why can't you get the ATT iPhone 5s from Best Buy for $150? With the $36 upgrade fee that is $186 + tax. How much tax are you paying?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    According to Swappa, a Verizon Moto X is going anywhere from $310-$355 depending on condition and specs.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by SmithlandCart View Post
    Why can't you get the ATT iPhone 5s from Best Buy for $150? With the $36 upgrade fee that is $186 + tax. How much tax are you paying?
    I am not sure actually if I can. The problem is that I have two months of contract left so they are saying they are doing me a favor by letting me upgrade now. I don't know if Best Buy would be in the same position. Tax is CA, about 9%.

    Are you suggesting I might be able to just walk into a Best Buy and they can process the early upgrade for me?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by quietlybrilliant View Post
    I am not sure actually if I can. The problem is that I have two months of contract left so they are saying they are doing me a favor by letting me upgrade now. I don't know if Best Buy would be in the same position. Tax is CA, about 9%.
    and in CA, you get taxed on the full retail value of the phone, so you get hit hard with the sales tax. If ATT can move your upgrade date in the system so that BB can process the upgrade then it would work. But if they can't change it in the system, then no, it won't work.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    Quote Originally Posted by quietlybrilliant View Post
    AT&T offered me to send me a new one for $49 but that would mean I'm signing up for a new 2 year contract. Not sure if that is a good deal. I'd really like to be able to use tethering again and Nexus 5 seems to be the way to go (on the Moto X, AT&T has found a way to make it impossible for those with unlimited data plans, even if I use only 200 MB/month for tethering and 2 GB total, i.e. am paying more than I should).

    My current baseline plan is to accept AT&T's offer, then try to get $250 for the Moto X they will send me, then buy a Nexus 5 from that and accept that I'll be stuck with AT&T for 2 more years (there doesn't seem to be a better alternative around the corner anyway).

    Let me know if that plan does not make sense to you.
    The Motomaker T-mobile version of the X, I've been told, can natively tether. It's unlocked, doesn't have the annoying AT&T bloatware, and has all the appropriate bands for AT&T. I've been fortunate to get the upgrade fee waived. Just ask nicely when you call AT&T CS.

    How far along are you in your current contract? Have you thought about going no contract, prepaid?
  15. #15  
    cgr1971's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's the current market value of a Moto X

    I just bought one off of Craigslist for $240. Came with a case, sceen protector on it, the box, and the charger. Perfect condition.

Similar Threads

  1. Misinformation on the Galaxy Gear
    By cdf3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 05:02 PM
  2. Galaxy S5 actually offers 10GB of space...not 8GB (Better news)
    By smooth4lyfe in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 01:23 PM
  3. what Rom have you recently used?
    By jec11718 in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 04:17 PM
  4. any way to increase the number of cards in Kids Mode
    By njitgrad in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 01:42 PM
  5. Moto G in India
    By aryan srivastava in forum Moto G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 09:11 AM

Posting Permissions