Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X, Bose BT2, and Bluetooth media audio profile glitch

I use my Bose BT2 Bluetooth headset to listen to audio books on my Verizon Moto X. Since Verizon pushed the update to KitKat, the media audio profile has a glitch which makes this method of listening to audio books unusable.

While listening to audio through the BT2, if I receive a phone call, the audio races ahead at a rate of roughly 30 seconds of audio per second that I am on the phone call, so when I finish the call, I have missed minutes or hours of the book.

I use the Audible app from Audible.com. I have also tested the Moto X and BT2 with the Play Music app that came stock with my Moto X and have observed the same problem, although the music did not race ahead at the same rate.

I tested the Moto X with a different Bluetooth device and with no Bluetooth device (used the speaker), and the audio was properly interrupted when a call came in and resumed at the same point in the audio file that it was interrupted in both of these cases.

The update of the Moto X to 4.4.2 did not make the problem any better. Updating the BT2 from firmware version 01.05.00 to 01.07.00 did not solve the issue. Bose replaced the headset with a new BT2, which did not solve the issue.

I had assumed at this point that the problem was with the BT2 firmware and reported the issue to Bose technical support, but recently I had a conversation with a mobile phone sales rep who uses a Moto X and a BT2, and they have not experienced this issue ever though they use the Bluetooth media profile to listen to music.

So my question is: Has anyone else seen this problem? Could this be some sort or hardware problem?

Thanks,

--Paul

Default Re: MotoX, Bose BT2, and Bluetooth media audio profile glitch

Wow I was really hoping 4.2.2 would fix this. It has done this ever since kitkat came to the Moto X. It does not happen on EVERY call but it does happen sometimes. Thee is another thread on here talking about this. Looks to be on all bluetooth devices or at least a lot. I have the LG Tone+.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: MotoX, Bose BT2, and Bluetooth media audio profile glitch

That is certainly depressing. I was really hoping that there was some solution better that just waiting. I guess I will look for that other thread.

Angry Re: Moto X, Bose BT2, and Bluetooth media audio profile glitch

Hello. I'm a heavy user of my Bose BT2 Bluetooth & also use it for several music apps including Netflix. My LG Gflex device was just updated to Android 4.4.2 & now my Bose BT2 will not work in the media portion of my phone at all. Since I drive a lot I also listen to shows on Netflix from my handset through the Bluetooth of my car & that one still works fine after the 4.4.2 update. All of this confirms that it is a problem/issue with my BT2. It has the current firmware & now I can only use it for phone calls. This makes my $149 Bluetooth worth about $39. I have contacted Bose & awaiting a reply. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.