HELP!! I can't answer incoming calls on Moto X

pastlelpink

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I have had my moto x for a couple of weeks now and the majority of the time I can't answer an incoming call. If I'm lookin at stuff on my phone it just rings and freezes what ever its on. If I try to touch the screen it doesn't respond to any touch. Really frustrated as this is my first smartphone. Isn't the call screen supposed to pop up? I have us cellular if this is helpful info. Please any help would be very appreciated! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELP!! I can't answer incoming calls on moto x

I have had my moto x for a couple of weeks now and the majority of the time I can't answer an incoming call. If I'm lookin at stuff on my phone it just rings and freezes what ever its on. If I try to touch the screen it doesn't respond to any touch. Really frustrated as this is my first smartphone. Isn't the call screen supposed to pop up? I have us cellular if this is helpful info. Please any help would be very appreciated! Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried a restart?

pastlelpink

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I tried the restart and its still the same. I uninstalled some apps to see if maybe one of them might be the problem but haven't got any calls yet. Is it possible it could be a setting I have accidentally changed? Will post back when I find out if deleting some of the apps helped?

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Make sure the proximity sensor in the upper right hand corner of the screen covered or obstructed by the OE screen protector, a case or your hand.

pastlelpink

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that is it because I don't have a screen protector on it and my case doesn't cover any of the sensors. Any other ideas of what it could be?

Kos10003

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Would switching the runtime from DALVIK to ART have any impact on the way the apps respond ? Im facing the same problem and i want to try this out...any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Would switching the runtime from DALVIK to ART have any impact on the way the apps respond ? Im facing the same problem and i want to try this out...any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App
I don't think switching to ART would help. Doing a factory reset should be more effective. Did this problem start after installing something? Before resetting, I suggest try clearing the cache via recovery. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/94946/p/30,6720,8696

bmcm

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a similar problem - the touch screen freezes when a call comes. The more time passed since last reset, the harder is to answer a call.

My solution for that is:

1. push the on/off button twice to lock and unclok the screen, after that the touch screen works again. After some time you need to repeat "lock/unlock" procedure twice or even three times before the touch screen becomes responsive again.

2. reset the phone by switching it off and on. The problem disapears temporalily. Unfortunately, it repeatedly comes back after some time.

I think it is a phonecalls manager software problem. The hardware is perfectly fine - the proove for that is that the phone (it's touch srcreen) works 100% fine when there is no call coming.
The problem was observed by me on Android 5.1 and 6.0 I have now 6.0.1 - and nothing has changed here. I have original system from official Moto distribution channel.

Karen Pitzen

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: HELP!! I can't answer incoming calls on moto x

Go to app notifications, you might have the phone app notification blocked, I did and umblocking it fixed the problem

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I think it is a phonecalls manager software problem. The hardware is perfectly fine - the proove for that is that the phone (it's touch srcreen) works 100% fine when there is no call coming.
The problem was observed by me on Android 5.1 and 6.0 I have now 6.0.1 - and nothing has changed here. I have original system from official Moto distribution channel.

On a Moto X 2013?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel