Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen not turning off?

I've noticed that sometimes my screen does not turn off after inactivity even though I have it set for 30 second timeout. Is there another setting somewhere that could be preventing this? I don't want to use up my battery for no reason... A reboot seems to be fixing the problem but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Global Posts
    18,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Screen not turning off?

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    I've noticed that sometimes my screen does not turn off after inactivity even though I have it set for 30 second timeout. Is there another setting somewhere that could be preventing this? I don't want to use up my battery for no reason... A reboot seems to be fixing the problem but it still doesn't make sense to me.
    Does it eventually come back after the reboot?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Does it eventually come back after the reboot?
    After a reboot it seems to be fine for a while. I just rebooted about an hour ago so I'm watching and waiting now... Maybe it's an app that's doing it but I can't think of which one could cause this issue.

Global Posts
    18,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    After a reboot it seems to be fine for a while. I just rebooted about an hour ago so I'm watching and waiting now... Maybe it's an app that's doing it but I can't think of which one could cause this issue.
    Let us know if it keeps acting up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here