- 25 Posts
Charging while streaming radio/music
Hi. I was wondering if it is bad for the battery to have the Moto X on it's charger while I stream radio or music for a couple of hours? The first time used the phone for streaming last week (not on charger) a good amount of battery got used up and I felt that I had to charge it again late in the afternoon, so the past two times I've kept it plugged in. I just wanted to make sure that this won't harm the battery. Thank you very much for any clarification on this issue and I hope this isn't too dumb of a question!
- 03-10-2014, 12:17 PM #2
Re: Charging while streaming radio/music
Modern phones are made to operate with or without a charger plugged in and no harm will come to the phone or the battery if plugged in and in use at the same time.
I use my phone as a wifi hot spot for movie streaming to several laptops and it is always plugged in when doing so. Tethering and streaming will drain the battery at about 10% per hour so it only makes sense to have it plugged in when streaming movies.
- 03-10-2014, 11:55 PM #4
- By prepaidguy9081 in forum Android Sideload Wonder MachineReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 08:26 AM
- By azmirr in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 12Last Post: 06-13-2014, 10:25 AM
- By pcguys in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 46Last Post: 03-16-2014, 08:49 PM
- By india hook in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 03-10-2014, 10:38 AM
- By eak1570 in forum HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 03-09-2014, 03:13 PM