Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Moto X: Best low cost car mount?

Go to the Moto X support page. Start a chat session. Be friendly and cordial with the support rep, and have your original Moto X order number ready. Tell them that when you ordered your moto X it came with free shipping, and that you're interested in getting the Griffin car dock, and are wondering if there's any way you could get free shipping on that as well...They will just ship you the car dock, free of charge, as a courtesy. This actually works with any accessory of theirs that's listed on the moto x accessories page. Try it. The worst they could do is tell you they can't do it.

I have a Clingo vent dock and I love it. It cost me $20 at Office Depot. I have to wash it off every 4-6 weeks, but I love that my phone looks like it is just floating there and that none of the buttons or ports are blocked.

I like the iOttie. I love the button on that you set your phone on which causes the side arms to contract to secure your phone.

Also they aren't kidding when they say the suction mount is powerful! It really is, and that was my main reason for wanting it. My previous suction mount kept falling off once the temps dip to 40 and below.

Sent from my Moto X
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by Gangularis View Post
    They will just ship you the car dock, free of charge
    Ummm, did you not follow the link in this follow up post of mine? It was 15-bucks when I posted that so $40+free shipping against $15 including free shipping. Hmmm, tough one. No time wasted with a chat session either. Always good to pass on.

Moto X: Best low cost car mount?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12