Bluetooth Tethering FoxFi from Moto X on 4.4.2

4GLTE Lover

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Verizon Moto X on 4.4.2 that I am trying to Bluetooth tether to a Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi only via FoxFi as I do not have tethering as part of my plan. When my Moto X was on 4.2.2 I could WiFi tether so I never tried Bluetooth tethering. I know that USB tethering does work because I am able to do this with my Windows 8 Laptop however, when I try to Bluetooth tether to my Nexus 7 following the provided instructions from the app and load a webpage it says it is not connected to the internet but the PDANet Tablet app says the connection was successful. Also the tablet is running 4.4.2 also. What could be wrong and how would I fix it? Thanks in advance for your help.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure have not had to with this device yet. But it is likely your only option since you have to be on an old plan not to have tethering included. So the update was possibly supposed to stop your activity.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Verizon was forced to allow it on all future contracts but didn't have to make it retroactive on already established accounts.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Back on topic...

I've never been able to get BT tethering to work for me either using the instructions in the apps. Any hints?

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Back on topic...

I've never been able to get BT tethering to work for me either using the instructions in the apps. Any hints?

+1 I'd like to know as well as I haven't had any luck with BT tethering with FoxFi. Sad to see Wifi tethering no longer working as that worked great before JB. Got the paid version of the app and now nothing works. Don't really use it all that often. Usually just on vacation so I can use my N7 or N10 wifi tablets.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Back on topic...

I haven't tried on my moto x, but on my thunderbolt it took FoxFi on the phone and PDAnet on the tablet to work, and the free version was limited so I only used it in emergencies. I gave up unlimited data when I moved to the moto x so I am just using the hotspot now.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that Bluetooth tethering was not going to work either on 4.4.2. I have not been able to get mine to work, so on trips I just reactivate my RAZR maxx for foxfi.

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I've only been able to use PDAnet while connected with USB. Supposedly the 4.4 update broke the functionality for bluetooth, but USB still works with PDAnet

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
4.4.2 sprint user here. BT tether would not work for me using pdaNet. Would let my tablet connect but wouldn't work. Looks like rooting is about the only option for tether. I'm growing tired of the move on limiting our data. There is little to none of this overseas and they have higher speeds.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

Rick Yost

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I also have a Moto X (through Republic Wireless) and I trying to get Bluetooth tether to a Nexus7. Does anyone know what June Fabrics (PDANet seller) position is on all of this? I sent an email to June Fabrics but have not seen a reply yet. I suspect their hands are tied. I have not tried tethering my Nexus7 via the USB port yet. I hope the Nexus7 platform will support this through the USB. Anyone done this yet?