Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By biggeek
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 2 Post By natehoy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touchless Control: Great way to find your phone when you've misplaced the Moto X in a room.

Of course, I'm glad nobody was watching me lurk around the room saying "OK Google Now...What time is it?" Over and over and over again!
    Dr. Triffid likes this.

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Touchless Control: Great way to find your phone when you've misplaced the Moto X in a room.

'Find my phone' will make the X sound a tone as well.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    dmark44 likes this.

Default Re: Touchless Control: Great way to find your phone when you've misplaced the Moto X in a room.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    'Find my phone' will make the X sound a tone as well.
    I use this all the time. It sets of a loud tone even if your phone is in silent and you don't have to keep doing it over and over because the tone continues until you pick up the phone.

ROM
    Stock

Tested that once. I knew where the phone was. It was on the counter, 6 feet from me. Could not for the life of me get it to recognize "OK Google Now" at that distance.
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

"Find my phone" is a voice command?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mtvictor View Post
    "Find my phone" is a voice command?

Yes. Ok Google now then find my phone.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Tested that once. I knew where the phone was. It was on the counter, 6 feet from me. Could not for the life of me get it to recognize "OK Google Now" at that distance.
    Seriously, same thing here. I'll try to re-adjust the sensitivity for voice recognition to see if that helps but I did follow their directions when I first set it up.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Griffin View Post
    Seriously, same thing here. I'll try to re-adjust the sensitivity for voice recognition to see if that helps but I did follow their directions when I first set it up.

I actually kinda like it that way. I have a few iPhone-toting co-workers who know about the Moto X and have a great sense of humor. One of them occasionally tries to mimic my voice and casually say "OK Google Now Find My Phone" when we are going into meetings and stuff. He hasn't managed it yet, thankfully.

I admire his ingenuity in pranksterism, though. LOL!
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
    JoeNM84 and dmark44 like this.

Ha, that's clever. If I didn't have a Moto I'd probably try to do the same thing to my Moto owning friends.

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Griffin View Post
    Ha, that's clever. If I didn't have a Moto I'd probably try to do the same thing to my Moto owning friends.
    Yeah, that would backfire