One week with Moto X

turbotooslow

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I could go on and describe in detail my entire experience, or just say that it is flawless in every aspect. Literally. I've used dozens of different android devices and this is the first one to feel 100% smooth.

With that said - two nitpicky things I hope are fixed: SOMETIMES (certainly not very often) the multitask windows lag a little bit. Also, unlocking from the active notifications screen takes you past the normal lock screen for a split second. It's the only part of the experience that seems janky.

Buy this phone

Last edited by a moderator:

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: One week with Moto x

I could go on and describe in detail my entire experience, or just say that it is flawless in every aspect. Literally. I've used dozens of different android devices and this is the first one to feel 100% smooth.

With that said - two nitpicky things I hope are fixed: SOMETIMES (certainly not very often) the multitask windows lag a little bit. Also, unlocking from the active notifications screen takes you past the normal lock screen for a split second. It's the only part of the experience that seems janky.

Buy this phone

You can activate developer options and disable animations if you think multitasking is a little slow. Active Notifications gets better with each and very update through the play store.
Also check out my week with the Moto X:
http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/12/7/5185942/my-week-with-the-moto-x

I use Touchless Controls now, but everything else still stands in my bullet points.

Posted via Moto X or Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I cannot agree more. This phone is a whole new breed of awesome!!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

turbotooslow

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

You can activate developer options and disable animations if you think multitasking is a little slow. Active Notifications gets better with each and very update through the play store.
Also check out my week with the Moto X:
My week with the Moto X | The Verge Forums

I use Touchless Controls now, but everything else still stands in my bullet points.

I had them at 0 for a while and now .5 - I don't believe that's the issue. When it happens it's still much more minor than the Samsung devices and older Moto devices I used.

Oh yeah, and the touch sensitivity, especially the on screen navigation buttons, blows.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Buy this phone

I must agree with you with having owned so many Android devices in the past the Moto X has got to be the smoothest, quickest, sleekest a device by far and I love the thin bezel on the bottom so that there's not too much of phone screen space between the actual phone and the very edge of the phone Kit Kat does a great job and I do know what you mean about the active notifications and the unlocking part of it but it only happens every now and then and I don't let it get to me

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I had them at 0 for a while and now .5 - I don't believe that's the issue. When it happens it's still much more minor than the Samsung devices and older Moto devices I used.

Oh yeah, and the touch sensitivity, especially the on screen navigation buttons, blows.

You might need to do a reboot. Moto X is by far one of the fastest android phones you can get. Never had issues with touch sensitivity either.

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

The Moto x I tried at a Sprint store was very smooth. I ended up getting an LG g2 instead because of the camera.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

You might need to do a reboot. Moto X is by far one of the fastest android phones you can get. Never had issues with touch sensitivity either.

I totally agree with you on that note. Again. I've had many Android devices, and love Google Android and the Moto X with kit Kat 4.4.2 is sooo fast/smooth... Etc. I love active notifications, Google now always on, and the new camera interface.

turbotooslow

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Can I reboot without resetting? I just reacquired my home screens and apps and adjusted my settings and what not...

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Can I reboot without resetting? I just reacquired my home screens and apps and adjusted my settings and what not...

Yes power+volume down until screen turns black causes a restart/reboot. Turns back on automatically and all your stuff will be fine.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm a died hard webos fan, but eventually the hardware and browser with the lack of apps forced me to upgrade. Since I was on Sprint, a Prē 3 was not an option. I have used androids before and my whole family have iPhones, I read the initial description of the Moto x and I was intrigued.

I bought it on the first day when my local store had it and have loved it ever since.

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm a died hard webos fan, but eventually the hardware and browser with the lack of apps forced me to upgrade. Since I was on Sprint, a Prē 3 was not an option. I have used androids before and my whole family have iPhones, I read the initial description of the Moto x and I was intrigued.

I bought it on the first day when my local store had it and have loved it ever since.
How's the gaming performance for high end games?

Last edited:

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
The most graphic intense game I may play is Angry Birds Go which runs well. I really have not pushed it with games. I do miss how webOS was able to jeep a card running in while not in the front while Android suspends it most of the time. I keep on forgetting that when I switch apps.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered one and I'm hoping the experience will be as good if not Bette than what others are describing. I'll be coming from the iPhone 5S.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd say out of various Android skins (custom roms not included) that I've tried Moto X is the closest in feel to an iOS in terms of smoothness and cohesiveness, which is a good thing. Also along with HTC One it feels almost as solid as an iPhone in build quality. I think you'll enjoy it along with the openness of Android.