Torn. Case or no case

Brian Weston

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
So I love my new custom moto x (garnet and gold design... go Noles)

I don't want a case but I fear over time the beautiful backing will discolor. So I bought Motorola's clear case. It's nice. But I'd still prefer naked phone.

Anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So I love my new custom moto x (garnet and gold design... go Noles)

I don't want a case but I fear over time the beautiful backing will discolor. So I bought Motorola's clear case. It's nice. But I'd still prefer naked phone.

Anyone else?

Can you post a photo? It sounds like it's an awesome looking MotoX

Grapple

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I am torn as well. I'm debating between several options.

1) naked with a slim leather sleeve I got on eBay. I like this option because I get to enjoy the slim form factor of the v Moto X, and I still get the use of the dimple which I quite like. But there's no protection while in use.

2) using an Amzer/Boxwave/Hyperion case with a screen protector (which I'm currently doing). This is perfect for quick one handed use right out of my pocket, but I sacrifice a bit of the slimness. However I like the lip on the case that allows me to go face down on a table.

3) a Rock Elegance case which makes the phone wallet like. Again, a small increase in size, but I feel it's a classy look with ample screen protection.

Thoughts?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I use a clear tpu style from best buy. Boy was I glad I had it on several clumsy occasions. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
No case here. I like the way the phone feels in my hand - that goes for texture and size. Dropped it once, got a small scratch on the back but barely noticeable.

If you're worried about turning colors then you can put a case on it after they turn, I guess.

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I want to go naked but I'm too scared I will drop it. I have a kind of clear case but it still hides the custom touches.
The case is also nice on lunch when I set the phone up against lunch box and browse web.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't you worry about it turning colors from holding it? I know it's a dumb thing lol but still...

It's my phone. I plan to use it. No I don't worry about it changing colors. Realistically I've never had a smartphone longer than 2 years. I honestly don't expect it to be in mint condition at the end of that time but I do take care of my things.

Slantize

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
i'm going caseless and probably with no screen protector on this one. i got it through the 12 month at&t next plan, so i won't be stuck with it for long if it gets dinged up. the phone is just too comfortable in the hand while naked to put a crappy piece of plastic on it :)

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have no screen protector on mine and it still has no scratches or nicks of any kind (I bought mine the day they went on sale via Moto Maker). I have the navy back with black front and electric blue accents. I too purchased the hard shell clear back cover from Moto, but it was too slick, and I'm a butterfingers, so I'm currently using a Cimo flexible back cover that's clear, which I like but don't love. Part of it is frosted, so it hides the navy back (boo!). As time goes on I will likely take off the cover and just use the phone naked.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I have no screen protector on mine and it still has no scratches or nicks of any kind (I bought mine the day they went on sale via Moto Maker). I have the navy back with black front and electric blue accents. I too purchased the hard shell clear back cover from Moto, but it was too slick, and I'm a butterfingers, so I'm currently using a Cimo flexible back cover that's clear, which I like but don't love. Part of it is frosted, so it hides the navy back (boo!). As time goes on I will likely take off the cover and just use the phone naked.

I've got the same set up as Sharkita except a white front. I think I can still see a decent amount of my Navy back in the Cimo case. I keep the case on when I'm on the move, but when I'm in a relatively safe environment, like at work, I take the case off. So I experience it both ways.

Sent from my Moto X

fixerdude

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm usually very careful in securing my Moto X in my jacket pocket or a holster. So yesterday, I was trying to untie by boots and I heard something hit the cement floor really hard. It was my Moto X. Fortunately, I had just purchased an Otter Commuter case for it. So glad I did!