No Google Now through Bluetooth

mm356

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Just now getting around to using the Bluetooth functionality of my Moto X and discovered that everything works great except for Google Now. Although I can ask a question via Blootooth, the response comes out through the phone instead. Is there a fix for this? I saw some similar old threads, but never came to a good conclusion of what the fix was.

Thanks!

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It's bizarre. It always works as expected with a Moto headset (hx 550), but in my truck (Kinivo BTC450) it is haunted. Sometimes comes out of the phone's speaker, other times the truck's audio system. When the former happens, pushing the button to pause/play media usually gets it back to the truck's audio... but the volume level of the initial prompt is always at an unusably low level.

I have resigned myself to the reality that Android just can't get bluetooth right as I have had one or more issues with it no matter what phone and OS version I have had. It really is the only thing about the iPhone I really miss (that and the global iTunes backup/restore solution).

I know this is not helpful... perhaps a different bluetooth device as it does work as expected on some devices.

mm356

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Rats. I was afraid there wasn't a fix. My bluetooth device is a new bluetooth speaker that supports Google Now/Siri, so the Google Now issue is really just minor. Definitely not worth swapping the speaker out for this (not many support it anyway), but would be a cool bonus if it worked correctly. Oh well, I'll just hold out hope that maybe one day an app update may miraculously fix it. All the other apps work just fine, so not sure why GN doesn't.

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Google now or maps to play through bluetooth in my 2011 Subaru on my X. No problems with Siri on my 5s.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary