Stock SMS app problem

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this....

I will often send a group MMS with 4 people: 2 have iphones and 2 people have galaxy s3's. When the people with iphones respond, it comes back delivered in the group, but when the galaxy s3 people respond, they come back in indivdual messages purged away from the group text. I know everyone else will get their message on their phones as a group message, because replies back to the people with galaxy s3's will go into the group conversation even though they are individual messages in the stock app.

I dont have this problem in hangouts, but I do like the stock app better.

Any advice?

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
In the stock messaging settings, there is a Group MMS option. Enable it. See attached screenshot. Hopefully that's the culprit. But I have a feeling that maybe it's the S3 users who need to enable it. If I understand correctly, it means the S3 users are sending the group texts as SMS instead of MMS, which means their texts get sent to individual users in the group chat instead of the group. uploadfromtaptalk1396231392116.jpg

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I have that enabled, and I didn't have this issue with my droid RAZR maxx, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I also don't have this issue with hangouts or textra. Weird.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this with replies to a group message from Galaxy S3s too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney