I ordered a Moto X

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have been having problems with my galaxy s4, and I wanted vanilla android so I purchased my new Moto X from Moto maker today. I went with red for the back, black for the front, and black accents. It is supposed to arrive on the 7th and I can't wait! What are some things I should look forward to?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Bill Hong

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your new X....it seems there are new apps popping up in the Playstore that are trying to imitate Touchless Controls and Active Notifications, whereas with the X you'll be getting the Real Deal(tm). Have found those to be really useful.

The size of the device is also what sold me on it...I can still hold and manipulate the screen with a single hand. And while it's not the Droid Maxx with respect to battery life, 24+ hours on a charge with moderate use is plenty for many of us. It also just works well, seemingly out of the box. Not really interested in rooting, so that's good. Plus, there's a supportive user community, here and on other sites.

Did you get 16 or 32 GB?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I got the 16 GB model. I store most of my media in the cloud and I have access to WiFi at work and home so its never been a problem for me.

I think the active display thing is probably the feature I'm looking most forward to. Also I'm so stoked that it has skinless android like my G Pad GPE and nexus 7. Coming from a Samsung S4 I just can't stand those skins at all!

How is the 720p screen? That's the one and only thing I was worried about coming from my S4. Does it still look really good with slightly lower resolution? Since that was my only con I figured I'd get it for all of the other perceived pros. I've been just so dissapointed with the S4 in almost every aspect. Even physically it doesn't feel like a good phone in my hand.

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am very pleased with the display. This is a great phone!! I came from a iPhone 5S (now my wifes phone) and I love the Moto X!!

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I am very pleased with the display. This is a great phone!! I came from a iPhone 5S (now my wifes phone) and I love the Moto X!!

Cool! Obviously I will let you all know what I think about the phone, but I have to say it was way more appealing to me than even the Nexus 5. When I saw that AC rated it the phone of the year that sold me on it. I just needed to find an excuse to buy it. When the power button started shorting out on my S4 causing it to reboot several times a day I didn't even think twice. I even already knew the colors I was getting.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an Iphone 5S, but wanted a second phone. The size and features on the Moto X and the almost stock Android sold me. Should come next week. Ordered 32 GB from MM. Verizon.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a iPhone 5 and just got the Moto X. Before getting the X I tried the stock Android with a Nexus 7 and really liked it.

I am very happy with it so far, so smooth and fast

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
My moto x came! I have it all set up and stuff. I have one question though. Last night I used the led as a flashlight to get up and use the restroom and I guess I accidentally left it on. It was on for probably 2 hours. When I woke up it was pretty warm, and I have never encountered that before with an led. I use a high powered SMD flashlight that has the same type of SMD that phones have at work all the time and it has never gotten warm. Did I cause any damage?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My moto x came! I have it all set up and stuff. I have one question though. Last night I used the led as a flashlight to get up and use the restroom and I guess I accidentally left it on. It was on for probably 2 hours. When I woke up it was pretty warm, and I have never encountered that before with an led. I use a high powered SMD flashlight that has the same type of SMD that phones have at work all the time and it has never gotten warm. Did I cause any damage?

Im pretty sure the phone shuts down when it goes over a certain temperture as a safety feature

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh OK that makes sense. I've never gotten any of my phones hot enough for that to happen, but that's good to know. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12