Wireless Issues

Noxzoul

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
This is my second Moto X, I sent my original in for repair, they sent it back with the same issue, then they just sent me a new one.
The issue I was seeing on the first phone was it would see the SSID for a network. However, I would try to connect to the network and it would say "connected" for a second, then the SSID would drop from the list. It would take about 5 - 10 seconds before it would show up again, this would just repeat. What was odd is it would only be the SSID I was connecting too, all the other networks would remain on the list. Anyways, I have not had that issue on this phone.
The second Moto X has an issue switching between APs. We have 6 APs in the building I work in. When I go to an area I know I would be using a different AP, the network connection does not work. I have to turn off and on the wireless then it will work on that AP. I know it is not the APs, I am the network admin here and I set them up, plus no one else is having this issue.
I am just wondering if anyone else was having wireless issue and if there was a fix. I am getting tired of the issues I am seeing with this phone and if not resolved will probably swap phones. It is disappointing because other than the wireless issues I love this phone.

Thanks.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I would guess the APs in your building are old as in before seamless handoff was standard. When we upgraded to 5Ghz wireless at my work about a year ago it resolved many of these types of issues.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
It is disappointing because other than the wireless issues I love this phone.

Don't give up on it, you are not alone. It is most likely a known issue with Android 4.4.2. There are some leaked fixes reported for 4.4.3

Not sure about the use of links to competing Android sites, (perhaps a mod can tell me) so here's a partial list from another Android-watching site.

frequent data connection dropout fix
Wi-Fi auto-connect fix
Internet telephony fix

No mention on when wee may see 4.4.3 though, but a guess would be soon. :)

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I see this behavior on my old Xoom sometimes. I have always assumed that it was a duplicate IP, but recently moved to chan1 and the issue went away. I have NOT seen this with my X