How do you speak to text on unbranded Moto X?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I saw in a youtube video that the AT&T phone has a microphone button on the keyboard, but my unbranded one does not. Does this phone have the ability to speak to text?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Kii Keyboard and it has a setting to have the mic key available on the main keyboard. I believe the Google keyboard has a similar setting. Have you been looking in the settings menu for your keyboard to see if the setting is there?

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Does the bar near the top of the home screen show "Google" and a solid white outline microphone? If the microphone is grayed or missing them you need to make sure the Google record, voice etc apps are all enabled and running.

Go to "Setup" then "Apps" then swipe left until you see "Disabled" go down and make sure all apps that look like they may have anything to do with Voice or recording are re-enabled.

Failing that try a full factory reset which can be found in the Settings / Backup menu.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Under Google Keyboard you should see Screenshot_2014-04-03-12-22-42.png where Voice Input key being checked will make the key with the mic on it show on the main keyboard.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
EDIT. Found it. The keyboard Voice Input Key setting was grayed out, and said "check Languange and Input settings". In THOSE settings, there is a setting for Google voice setting that was unchecked. Surprised I never noticed that since I thought I checked every setting there was when I got the phone.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Say " Ok Google Now (2sec pause) send text message to so&so (as listed in your contact list) [speak text message]" you should be prompted by google now to choose one of the numbers listed for that contact (it might skip this if there is only 1 number) speak the choice then it will display your text message on the phone and ask if you want to send speak "Send" if you want to send.

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Or just touch the 'Voice Search' button or open Google Now, touch the voice search icon and say 'Send text to Joe Blow'. You should be able to figure it out from there. Watch the screen the first time you do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad